Compact, cheap(ish) scope?

Old March 4th 09, 08:35 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
A.Lee

Default Compact, cheap(ish) scope?

Having got a little bit of a bug for star gazing again, I'd like to
purchase a compact scope for occasional use.
I have a cheap x60 spotting scope, which is fine for a quick view, but
is mainly useless with the amount of flare it produces.

Is there anything out there that woudl meet my reuirements?
thansk
Alan.

Old March 5th 09, 10:05 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
[email protected]

On 4 Mar, 20:35, (A.Lee) wrote:
Having got a little bit of a bug for star gazing again, I'd like to
purchase a compact scope for occasional use.
I have a cheap x60 spotting scope, which is fine for a quick view, but
is mainly useless with the amount of flare it produces.

Is there anything out there that woudl meet my reuirements?
thansk
Alan.

The Skywatcher ED80 is a decent scope.

However, I think that the mount is more important
for your "viewing pleasure".

Donal