Scare tactics without end

Old June 29th 15, 09:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default Scare tactics without end

After four cycles of 365 days and rotations, an additional 86,400 seconds and one rotation is inserted to make up the natural difference in orbital distance the Earth travels in space to a close approximation to the position it began 4 circuits earlier. The subtle use of rotations to gauge orbital distance and orbital position is the most distinguished in all timekeeping and where it merges with planetary dynamics.

" on account of the precession of the rising of Sirius by one day in the course of 4 years.. therefore it shall be, that the year of 360 days and the 5 days added to their end, so one day shall be from this day after every 4 years added to the 5 epagomenae before the New Year" Canopus Decree

In deference to this jewel of human reasoning which ultimately refers rotations to orbital circuits via leap second corrections is the great shame visited upon our race tomorrow, not the 'leap second' correction itself but the horrible attempt to isolate it as a property of the 'solar vs sidereal' framework and the truly awful attempt to correlate a full rotation with stellar circumpolar motion directly.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...second-minute/

Old June 30th 15, 07:30 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

A few rules

Any leap correction is an adjustment between rotation and orbital motion within the calendar format.

It is impossible to isolate a leap second to daily rotation while excluding the effects of the Earth's variable orbital speed and the references used to ascertain those orbital variations.

Stellar circumpolar motion was used to check the accuracy of watches using the average 24 hour day within the 365/366 day scaffolding therefore it cannot be used to prove that rotation is constant.

Old June 30th 15, 09:31 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 12:30:44 AM UTC-6, oriel36 wrote:

Any leap correction is an adjustment between rotation and orbital motion
within the calendar format.

The leap year indeed adjusts between the day and the year.

The leap second adjusts between the SI second and the day. The SI second is
used in mechanical clocks, and corresponds to the length of the day in a bygone
era, since which the Moon has slowed the Earth's rotation down, lengthening the
day.

It is impossible to isolate a leap second to daily rotation while excluding
the effects of the Earth's variable orbital speed and the references used to
ascertain those orbital variations.

The leap second applies to clock time, after sundial time is corrected by the
Equation of time, so we are not neglecting this factor.

Stellar circumpolar motion was used to check the accuracy of watches using
the average 24 hour day within the 365/366 day scaffolding therefore it
cannot be used to prove that rotation is constant.

Your claim of circular logic is not valid.

For one thing, transit circles were used to check the accuracy of pendulum
clocks, indeed, on the basis that the Earth's rotation was more constant than a
pendulum clock. However, they're not used to check the accuracy of atomic
clocks; instead, they are so accurate and precise that they can be used now to
detect the small irregularities in the Earth's rotation.

John Savard
Old July 1st 15, 07:17 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

The fundamental observation known to this era or any other is the appearance of the Sun followed by the appearance of the stars as a single cycle and the next observation is the relationship between this cycle and the orbital circumference and period.

The visionary geocentric astronomers realized that an additional day is needed after 4 years whereas today there is not a single person willing to accept that each day with all its rotational observations and effects generates the fact that we use rotations to gauge all observations whether as the human formatted 365/366 rotations or in its raw factual state as 365 1/4 rotations per orbital circuit.

The academics or academically indoctrinated in this forum are unable to grasp the concept that there is no such thing as 'solar time' ,there is simply the 24 hour day in tandem with the Lat/Long system within the calendar framework dictating where human timekeeping merges with the great cycles of our planet.

The rubbish of the Earth slowing down necessitating a 'leap second' correction is obscuring the real issues but that requires competence and confidence to bring the technical details front and center.
Old July 3rd 15, 01:02 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 12:17:10 AM UTC-6, oriel36 wrote:
generates the fact that we use rotations to gauge all observations whether as
the human formatted 365/366 rotations or in its raw factual state as 365 1/4
rotations per orbital circuit.

That's your problem. We don't do that - not 23 hour, 56 minute, 4 second almost
uniform rotations, and *definitely* not 24 hour "rotations" that vary anually due
to the Equation of Time.

In order to have a stable time reference for deriving the laws of mechanics and
electronics and so on, we start from mechanical clock time - using as good a
clock as we can make. Today, that's an atomic clock.

So that's where we start from, for all observations, whether mechanical or
astronomical.

Now, there was a time when the movements of the heavens were more stable and
uniform than any clock humans could make. Then the basis of time was
astronomical - it was called Ephemeris Time - but that certainly wasn't sundial
time, which is what you sometimes appear to be advocating (although at other
times you do admit that sundial time needs to be averaged for use with clocks).

John Savard