MER-B = Energizer Bunny?

Old January 25th 04, 05:22 AM
OM

Default MER-B = Energizer Bunny?

....Still rolling, based on 10db slow, undulating shift in doppler.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old January 25th 04, 05:27 AM
OM

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:22:54 -0600, OM
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org
wrote:

...Still rolling, based on 10db slow, undulating shift in doppler.

....Still getting the same 10db undulation despite telemetry saying it
landed on +Y petal instead of Base. Undulation may be due to bags
shifting and/or it landed on a ledge of some sort and is teetering.

[insert image of MER-B on top of Beagle-2]

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old January 25th 04, 05:36 AM
Sam Seiber

OM wrote:
...Still rolling, based on 10db slow, undulating shift in doppler.

...Still getting the same 10db undulation despite telemetry saying it
landed on +Y petal instead of Base. Undulation may be due to bags
shifting and/or it landed on a ledge of some sort and is teetering.

Pretty Fu**ing cool. We get Mer-B down. I still don't know which petal
is down. Also, looks like we are going to get some serious cool science
from MER-A (I have heard a lot of problems with Flash memory problems
in the photo groups. This doesn't mean anything here, but even Pete T
said that they could re-format the flash memory. I do know they want
what is in there so they could "work the problem"). Looks like we have
to cars on Mars.

Sam
Old January 25th 04, 05:53 AM
Brian Thorn

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:27:34 -0600, OM

wrote:

...Still rolling, based on 10db slow, undulating shift in doppler.

...Still getting the same 10db undulation despite telemetry saying it
landed on +Y petal instead of Base. Undulation may be due to bags
shifting and/or it landed on a ledge of some sort and is teetering.

If it landed on its side, it's probably just rocking a little, fooling
the sensors into thinking its still rolling.

Brian
Old January 25th 04, 06:03 AM
OM

wrote:

...Still rolling, based on 10db slow, undulating shift in doppler.

...Still getting the same 10db undulation despite telemetry saying it
landed on +Y petal instead of Base. Undulation may be due to bags
shifting and/or it landed on a ledge of some sort and is teetering.

If it landed on its side, it's probably just rocking a little, fooling
the sensors into thinking its still rolling.

....Actually, Flight gave the best guess explanation. Seems that the
LGA is pointing to a setting Earth, and there's multipathing in the
signal as the direct link is getting interference from the sidelobes
bouncing off the surface of Mars.

Then again, it could just be Daffy jumping up and down inside the
carried, demanding to be let out...:-)

"Hematite! It's mine! It's all mine! Go! Go! Go! Mine! Mine! Mine! I'm
a rich and happy rover!!!"

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old January 25th 04, 09:36 AM
Neil Gerace

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...

Then again, it could just be Daffy jumping up and down inside the
carried, demanding to be let out...:-)

"Hematite! It's mine! It's all mine! Go! Go! Go! Mine! Mine! Mine! I'm
a rich and happy rover!!!"

"I'm fabulously wealthy! I'm socially secure! I'm comfortably well-off!"

Old February 4th 04, 07:03 AM
Kent Betts

For the record, A. the 10dB swings in the sig strength were due to multipath
distortion at the source (Mars) and 2. The report in Weekly World News that
survivors of the Titanic were found alive and frozen in an iceberg was
amusing.