Rocketeer for real ?

Old August 9th 03, 12:41 PM
Kaido Kert

Default Rocketeer for real ?

"Ultimate Buu" wrote in message
People
are doing BASE jumps and birdman jumps after all, so why not take a

rocket
and accelerate in the other direction for a change ?

Not if they don't want their limbs ripped off by the aerodynamic forces.

Limbs ripped off ? I dont know, my average freefall velocity in flatfly is
about 190kmh, and i never felt like being ripped apart. If the engine doesnt
put out over 200lbfs all that it would do is to decelerate my descent. So no
ripping apart here. Although its harder to keep the orientation correct if
you'd be falling so slow, so going up at moderate speed would be easier (
you'd have to be pretty experienced freeflyer, though )
But ive asked around, people tend to think its easier to pull it off with a
couple of model turbine engines instead, due to simpler construction and
better fuel efficiency.

-kert