More Troubling Planetary News

Old August 1st 07, 10:27 AM posted to alt.astronomy
nightbat[_1_]

Default More Troubling Planetary News

nightbat wrote

More evidence confirms Atlantic storms increasing and sea
temps rising with changing wind patterns.

See:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/...atlantic-fury/
2007/07/30/1185647823980.html

I have indicated while Global Warming has been blamed as the most
likely reason for observed melting ice sheets and rising sea levels,
additional hidden factors should not go possibly causally unweighed. The
steady increase and dependence by human civilization on laid stone or
paved roads since Egyptian and Roman times to present date may be at
cause too for planet higher heating of its atmosphere. Modern paved
immense airport runways, national highways system of roads, and World
wide Walmart mega parking lots all reflect solar radiation back into our
atmosphere rather then permitting normal ground absorption. Yes paved
roads and parking lots acting as solar atmosphere reflectors rather then
planetary ground temp dispensers.

And with constant now added green eco ground water temp extractors'
exchange systems along with multi miles of installed atmosphere tapping
pipe redirecting millions of cubic feet of atmosphere air to run
generator turbines the oil boys may not be so 1st degree guilty, come
on! The cutting down and alarming loss of our rainforest, super
developing third world countries, and increasing world populations
demand for more and more energy must also be taken into account for
reported planet added heating plight condition.

ponder on,
the nightbat
Old August 1st 07, 10:56 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/...ributes-to-atl...
[...]

And what about the running of all those millions of air conditioners?
You know, while they are cooling the inside, they are heating the
outside!

Double-A

Old August 1st 07, 01:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

nightbat The warming of our oceans could be very bad for animals with
lots of fat.(blubber) Florida lakes are now to warm to hold much
oxygen,and lakes are ending up with that deadly amoeba that spreads
like a wild firer. I see this also in the population of birds
of all types. I see this in the increase of flying bugs(mosquitos)
Florida's drinking water can carry that deadly amoeba. Fleas,and
mosquitos are putting children and old people in hospitals. Lots of
children have already died. Malaria is on the increase. I speak from
first hand observation. No need to read it in a book. I watched my lake
Toho die, If its water gets up your nose you could be dead in a few
hours bert PS reality is the warmer water gets the less oxygen it can
hold. That was on NOVA last night,and given as a reason for wiping out
the dinosaurs

Old August 1st 07, 01:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double-A Air-conditioners puts both heat and moisture into the air. NY
city air is very humid when all its air-conditioners are running. bert

Old August 1st 07, 05:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On Aug 1, 5:37 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
nightbat The warming of our oceans could be very bad for animals with
lots of fat.(blubber) Florida lakes are now to warm to hold much
oxygen,and lakes are ending up with that deadly amoeba that spreads
like a wild firer. I see this also in the population of birds
of all types. I see this in the increase of flying bugs(mosquitos)
Florida's drinking water can carry that deadly amoeba. Fleas,and
mosquitos are putting children and old people in hospitals. Lots of
children have already died. Malaria is on the increase. I speak from
first hand observation. No need to read it in a book. I watched my lake
Toho die, If its water gets up your nose you could be dead in a few
hours bert PS reality is the warmer water gets the less oxygen it can
hold. That was on NOVA last night,and given as a reason for wiping out
the dinosaurs

Bert, the only constant is change. The Earth has survived warm
periods before. Maybe older types of animals adapted to cold weather
died out, and new ones evolved when the climate turned cold again.
Maybe the flea and the mosquito will prosper as the world turns into a
hothouse, and have no trouble sucking the blood from our sweltering
defenseless bodies as our species dies out. Perhaps they will then
incorporate some of our DNA into their bodies and grow giant brains,
like our own rodent ancestors did as they fed upon the eggs of the
doomed dinosaurs. Perhaps it will be the descendant of a flea or a
mosquito who will be the first to develop the technology to leave the
solar system. Nothing ever stays the same, except maybe the
cockroach.

Double-A

Old August 1st 07, 09:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double _A Big Moe died of old age. Could have been over a year old. I
relate cockroaches to sharks. The big problem is the Earth has warmed
very fast in the last 20 years. It is now warming at an accelerating
rate. There will never be another animal to evolve to a point as clever
as man. The city rat is the most intelligent animal but has no thumb.
Porpoise is next,but lives in water. bert

Old August 1st 07, 11:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On Aug 1, 1:09 pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Double _A Big Moe died of old age. Could have been over a year old. I
relate cockroaches to sharks. The big problem is the Earth has warmed
very fast in the last 20 years. It is now warming at an accelerating
rate.

The universe is expanding at an accelerating rate also. Do you
suppose that is our fault too?

There will never be another animal to evolve to a point as clever
as man. The city rat is the most intelligent animal but has no thumb.

Well, a thumb should be easier to evolve that an intelligent brain.
Perhaps the rats will own day replace us as the dominant species.
Someone wrote a Sci-Fi story about an evolved rat culture once.

Porpoise is next,but lives in water. bert

Again, they need more that flippers to manipulate tools and have
technology.

Double-A

Old August 2nd 07, 01:49 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On Aug 1, 1:09 pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Double _A Big Moe died of old age. Could have been over a year old. I
relate cockroaches to sharks. The big problem is the Earth has warmed
very fast in the last 20 years. It is now warming at an accelerating
rate. There will never be another animal to evolve to a point as clever
as man. The city rat is the most intelligent animal but has no thumb.
Porpoise is next,but lives in water. bert

They caught an alligator today in a Washington State lake! Global
warming in action? Gators migrating north?

It was 94F today with a hot dry wind. A fire has started on a big
island in the Columbia River and is being fanned by the hot wind. The
piles of sawdust from an old mill are burning and smoldering. Firemen
think it started from spontaneous combustion! Such a fire is hard to
put out. It can be similar to a peat bog fire that can burn
underground. Should the fire spread to the dry grass and trees, it
could easily jump the narrow channel to the mainland and come right up
over the wooded ridge to where I am at! nightbat was warning me about
the perils of rising waters. I am more worried at the moment about
the perils of sweeping fires!

Double-A

Old August 2nd 07, 01:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double-A That's to far a walk for a gator. Best to keep in
ming "high ground is no good for fires" Have the wind move the fire
away from you. bert

Old August 2nd 07, 03:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On Aug 2, 5:22 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Double-A That's to far a walk for a gator. Best to keep in
ming "high ground is no good for fires" Have the wind move the fire
away from you. bert

OK. I'll tell the wind to do that.

At least it isn't as dry here as it was, since recent rains have
dampened things a bit. Should be a cooling trend for the rest of the
week.

Double-A