Interactive Google Map for the Solar Eclipse (March 29 2006)

Old February 20th 06, 02:17 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Interactive Google Map for the Solar Eclipse (March 29 2006)

Hi everybody,

Are you ready for the total Solar Eclipse of March 29 ?

We are very pleased to announce the release of the Interactive Google
Map for the Solar Eclipse in the Eclipse-2006 website:
-- solar-eclipse-2006.info

In addition to lots of information about the eclipse, you will be able
to use the Google Map API service to visualize the exact path of the
Totality through the world.

(Click on Where to see the Eclipse). Enjoy it and don't hesitate to
leave your comments in our Eclipse blog:
-- solar-eclipse-2006.info/wp

The solar-eclipse-2006.info team.

Old February 20th 06, 02:29 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Here is a direct link: http://solar-eclipse-2006.info

If you wish to use the interactive map, click on "Where can I see the
Eclipse?".

Enjoy!

Old February 20th 06, 04:24 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

wrote in message
oups.com...
Here is a direct link: http://solar-eclipse-2006.info

If you wish to use the interactive map, click on "Where can I see the
Eclipse?".

Enjoy!

Nice website, but I have just one little nit:

Is it really necessary to have a nearly TWO inch left margin. This causes
your pages content to be hidden off the right, necessatating scrolling to
the right to see it all, which is an unneccesary annoyance.

Old February 20th 06, 10:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Hi John,

Thanks for the comment. The website http://solar-eclipse-2006.info is
currently optimised for Firefox. I guess your display problem is
related to that. We are going to work on this issue and make the layout
more compatible with other browsers.

Did you try the Eclipse Blog in the website? How was the display there?

Thanks,

the solar-eclipse-2006.info team

Old February 20th 06, 02:17 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi John,

Thanks for the comment. The website http://solar-eclipse-2006.info is
currently optimised for Firefox. I guess your display problem is
related to that. We are going to work on this issue and make the layout
more compatible with other browsers.

Did you try the Eclipse Blog in the website? How was the display there?

Thanks,

the solar-eclipse-2006.info team

The eclipse blog looks fine.

Where Can You See the Eclipse does not. This is due to the spacing of the
eclipse graphic on the upper left and the menu links on the left. Perhaps
moving those link to the bottom of the page, like you have on the main page
would help. Resizing the eclipse graphic (to what size I'm not sure, as
this is not my forte

Eclipse Holiday page, see above.

Same for the protect your eyesight page, likewise the pictures page, and
the books page.

Old February 21st 06, 04:08 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Eclipses used to scare people in China who thought it was
a dragon swallowing the sun. There are still superstitious people in
some areas so the Chinese government has asked Google to cut all
references to the eclispe on their
web search engine. Of course, Google is complying.

Old February 22nd 06, 01:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

For the Google Map you just copied the code from the NASA page!
http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclips...006google.html

Also your page doesn't work in every GM supported browser...

For really interactive solar eclipses Google Maps and a lot more you
should visit:
http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages...oogleMaps.html

By clicking anywhere on the map you'll dispaly the local circumstances
of the eclipse.