Perseids 11/12 August 2005

Old August 12th 05, 01:00 PM
Pete Lawrence

Default Perseids 11/12 August 2005

A group of observers gathered at Patrick's house last night to observe
the shower. Patrick also joined us in the garden which was nice.
Intermittent cloud with some nice clear patches for a while. The
Perseids seemed quite subdued on their lead up to maximum (later this
afternoon). A much fainter population than anticipated failed to
overwhelm the gathered observers.

Photographically, from first checks, I got 10 meteors, two of which
are shown in this composite...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-004.html

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old August 12th 05, 01:49 PM
Chris Taylor

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message

Photographically, from first checks, I got 10 meteors, two of which
are shown in this composite...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-004.html

Nice shot. I tried to catch a few last night in the hopes of demonstrating
the radiant with a composite. They're a little more difficult to nab than I
first expected but from the 20 or so images that I've gone through (out of
about 300) I've got 2. Pity it wasn't entirely clear or it could be a
project to splice everyone's together to see if we could get a 'hole shot'.

Regards

Chris

Old August 12th 05, 03:17 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:00:28 +0100, Pete Lawrence
wrote:

A group of observers gathered at Patrick's house last night to observe
the shower. Patrick also joined us in the garden which was nice.
Intermittent cloud with some nice clear patches for a while. The
Perseids seemed quite subdued on their lead up to maximum (later this
afternoon). A much fainter population than anticipated failed to
overwhelm the gathered observers.

Photographically, from first checks, I got 10 meteors, two of which
are shown in this composite...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-004.html

Here are a couple more...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-005.html
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-006.html

Old August 12th 05, 03:43 PM
Tony Pottrell

Beats mine!

http://ukastroimaging.co.uk/forums/files/img_1700.jpg

Old August 12th 05, 08:19 PM
Damian Burrin

Beats mine!

And we just had cloud :-(

--
Damian Burrin
UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO

LARF - Putting the amateur back in rocketry!!

news:1123857833.8d161ee6e633214315a65d4f8c8a1df1@t eranews...

Old August 13th 05, 06:25 PM
nytecam[_1_] nytecam[_1_] is offline
Senior Member

Location: london-uk

[quote=Pete Lawrence]A group of observers gathered at Patrick's house last night to observe the shower. .......Photographically, from first checks, I got 10 meteors, two of which are shown in this composite...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-004.html

Pete

Well done Pete - great meteor and atmospheric sky shot but I'm spooked by that 'floating orange stuff' ;-). I've taken the liberty of removing it in a sampler at

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nytecam/my_photos

under album "cloud removal"

regards
Nytecam
Old August 14th 05, 12:35 AM
Pete Lawrence

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 17:25:44 +0000, nytecam
wrote:

Pete Lawrence Wrote:
A group of observers gathered at Patrick's house last night to observe
the shower. .......Photographically, from first checks, I got 10
meteors, two of which are shown in this composite...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-004.html

Pete

Well done Pete - great meteor and atmospheric sky shot but I'm spooked
by that 'floating orange stuff' ;-). I've taken the liberty of
removing it in a sampler at

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nytecam/my_photos

under album "cloud removal"

As Martin Mobberley commented when I showed him the photo - it's like
being there. The sky glow was bad and real unfortunately. Patrick's
garden overlooks Selsey town to the north/north-east, hence the glow.