Buzz Aldrin at MFA'Houston Tonight

Old July 22nd 09, 03:18 AM posted to sci.space.history
Stuf4

Default Buzz Aldrin at MFA'Houston Tonight

From Pat Flannery:
Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

That was also, as I recall, unknown for many years. And that to him was a
very personal moment, not a specific act for a specific group.

And who knows maybe we'll find out later he was lying to Stuf4 . :-)

Stuff 4 should have asked him about the ejection seats and "Dog Peckers"
on the CM.
For real fun, get Tony Lance to interview Buzz Aldrin as part of the new
"Big Moon Thing" thread. :-D

I'll be seeing him again on Friday with Neil for the Splashdown
Party. Should be fun.

Yesterday to pay tribute to their singular event, I went by Buzz's old
church to visit that chalice he used for communion. They have a nice,
unassuming display for it. I also went to the MOCR, and then next
door to touch the moonrock and pay homage to the LM & CM on display.
That was all between the time of their landing and EVA. Listening to
that website rebroadcasting in realtime, along with the other
activities made for an extremely powerfully moving day yesterday.

~ CT