Great Astronomers - Get a HUGE Bang Outta THIS !

Old November 2nd 05, 04:38 PM
Painius

Default Great Astronomers - Get a HUGE Bang Outta THIS !

This man and i are not in full agreement, but this does not in
any way detract one iota from his eternal greatness.

http://www.gwu.edu/~physics/gampag.htm

BTW, i believe he is one of Bert's eternal favorites, too!

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Fly to the stars,
Flee to the wind,

Indelibly yours,
Paine http://www.savethechildren.org/
http://www.painellsworth.net

Old November 2nd 05, 05:41 PM
Double-A

Painius wrote:
This man and i are not in full agreement, but this does not in
any way detract one iota from his eternal greatness.

http://www.gwu.edu/~physics/gampag.htm

BTW, i believe he is one of Bert's eternal favorites, too!

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Fly to the stars,
Flee to the wind,
Settle for Mars,
'Tis round the bend.

Indelibly yours,
Paine http://www.savethechildren.org/
http://www.painellsworth.net

Yes, Gamow probably did as much to influence my view of the universe as
Einstein. The story of his personal life is interesting too: his
having to work under the Stalin regime at a time when physicists were
being purged for as little a thing as making a joke. His escape to the
west was fortunate.

Of course all these ideas are subject to constant reexamination, and I
think that's the way all truly great minds would want it.

Double-A

Old November 3rd 05, 12:09 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Painius Right you are Gamow was one of my early ideals. I think
about him very often. I post his name in regards to the big bang. He
was my kind of guy. A great thinker,with a great sense of humor. He
laughed out loud. He made people laugh. Bert