Dates of periapsis of Jupiter and Saturn

Old January 11th 08, 12:09 PM posted to sci.astro, alt.astronomy, uk.sci.astronomy, alt.sci.planetary
[email protected]

Default Dates of periapsis of Jupiter and Saturn

According to my calculations, Saturn passes Jupiter in its orbit once
every twenty Earth years. Can anyone give me a list of years when this
periapsis will happen? I'm particularly interested in the late 24th
century.

I would be interested in knowing of a resource that would let me
predict the positions of the planets in our solar system for several
centuries to come.

Thanks very much,

Samuel
Old January 11th 08, 12:24 PM posted to sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,alt.sci.planetary
Androcles[_7_]

http://www.schoolsobservatory.org.uk...solsys/orrery/

Old January 11th 08, 07:07 PM posted to sci.astro, alt.astronomy, uk.sci.astronomy, alt.sci.planetary
oriel36

On Jan 11, 6:59*pm, wrote:
writes:
According to my calculations, Saturn passes Jupiter in its orbit once
every twenty Earth years. Can anyone give me a list of years when this
periapsis will happen? I'm particularly interested in the late 24th
century.

Because Jupiter moves faster than Saturn, it would be more correct to
say that Jupiter passes Saturn, rather than vice versa.

Although the prefix "peri" does mean "closest to", "apsis" refers to
the line of apsides, which is the major axis of the orbit of one object
around the other object. *Because Saturn does not orbit Jupiter, there
is no line of apsides for this pair. *Of course, you could shift the
origin of the reference frame to Jupiter and then plot the motion,
which would be considerably more complex than a simple ellipse behaving
according to Kepler's laws. *You should probably pick a different term
for the minimum distance. *As seen from Earth, it could be called a
conjunction.

Judging by the responses ,only Min's is honest enough to point out
that the Copernican reasoning looks bogus to an astrologer,technically
it exists as the introduction of a constellation framework into
heliocentric reasoning via Flamsteed/Newton.Basically,the predictive
nature is simple a calendrically driven clockwork system where
celestial objects are pasted against the stellar background like
ornaments on a Christmas tree.It is fine if all you want to do is
locate an object but extending it to structural heliocentric reasoning
is less than sane.

Over the course of a year ,here is the faster Earth overtaking the
slower moving Jupiter and the even slower Saturn . -

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ima...2000_tezel.gif

Kepler applied the same principle to orbital comparisons between Earth
and Mars by watching how Mars moved against the stellar
background,stopped and went backwards and then went forwards
again,this due to the orbital motion of the Earth.You can see his
famous representation on page 86 -

http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/pdf/POSC_13_1_74_0.pdf

That numbskull Newton thought that if you placed the Sun at the center
of the representation,the retrograde loops would disappear but a
person needs to be extremely silly to believe what he did,especially
now with time lapse footage and modern imaging -

"For to the earth planetary motions appear sometimes direct,
sometimes stationary, nay, and sometimes retrograde. But from the sun
they are always seen direct " Newton

I am absolutely astonished that not one brave soul has enjoyed the new
orbital component which has been overlooked since the founding of
heliocentric reasoning,the motion,when allied with axial rotation that
causes the natural noon cycles to vary -

http://space.newscientist.com/data/i...2529-1_800.jpg

Not people looking for complexity where there is none,but genuine
people who can see how axial rotation and orientation is seperate to
orbital motion and orientation .The orbital motion of Uranus is
infered but the change in orientation with respect to the Sun can be
seen directly and immediately.What has become of humanity when they
can overide their normal judgements on motion ?, are the images of
the orbital beacon of Uranus not spectacular enough for this jaded
era ?.

Maybe the real purpose of the usenet have long since gone.

Old January 11th 08, 09:29 PM posted to sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,alt.sci.planetary,sci.astro.amateur
The God Delusion

Default Read The God Delusion

"Satellite" wrote in message
.. .

P.S. I've found these pages helpful:

Old January 11th 08, 09:41 PM posted to sci.astro, alt.astronomy, uk.sci.astronomy, alt.sci.planetary
[email protected]

On Jan 11, 12:24*pm, "Androcles" wrote:
*http://www.schoolsobservatory.org.uk...solsys/orrery/

This was a superb link and just what I wanted. Thank you kindly, good
sir. I owe you a pint.

Samuel
Old January 11th 08, 09:55 PM posted to sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,alt.sci.planetary
Androcles[_7_]

wrote in message
On Jan 11, 12:24 pm, "Androcles" wrote:
http://www.schoolsobservatory.org.uk...solsys/orrery/

This was a superb link and just what I wanted. Thank you kindly, good
sir. I owe you a pint.

Samuel
You are welcome.
I'll be in the King's Head, the Royal Arms, The Queen's Belly or
some such noble Royal Body Part to accept the honour you
bestow upon me, gracious planet gazer.
Clear skies... (maybe come June in Britain).

Dates of periapsis of Jupiter and Saturn [email protected] Astronomy Misc 9 January 21st 08 12:24 AM
saturn and jupiter Holly Misc 21 February 16th 05 04:18 AM
jupiter and saturn Holly Misc 6 April 20th 04 10:16 AM
Jupiter & Saturn Sandro N CCD Imaging 0 January 7th 04 11:49 PM
Jupiter & Saturn Sandro N Astronomy Misc 0 January 7th 04 11:48 PM