outta here

Old July 16th 07, 07:45 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Matthew Ota[_1_]

Default outta here

I am leaving active participation in sci.astro.amateur due to personal
attacks on my character.

I also did not like the attacks on Starlord especially since he has
had a serious medical problem.

I have lost faith in unmoderated message forums, as cowards choose to
flame on people as they hide behind screen names and handles.

There are many other moderated forums on Yahoo and other astronomy
sites that have a level of civility that is more to my liking.

Matthew Ota

Old July 16th 07, 08:26 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
klm

Matthew Ota wrote:

I am leaving active participation in sci.astro.amateur due to personal
attacks on my character.

I also did not like the attacks on Starlord especially since he has
had a serious medical problem.

I have lost faith in unmoderated message forums, as cowards choose to
flame on people as they hide behind screen names and handles.

There are many other moderated forums on Yahoo and other astronomy
sites that have a level of civility that is more to my liking.

Matthew Ota

Bye. Dont kick the dog on the way out. And .... see ya later.
Yull be Back.

Old July 16th 07, 08:28 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
klm

Matthew Ota wrote:

I am leaving active participation in sci.astro.amateur due to personal
attacks on my character.

I also did not like the attacks on Starlord especially since he has
had a serious medical problem.

I have lost faith in unmoderated message forums, as cowards choose to
flame on people as they hide behind screen names and handles.

There are many other moderated forums on Yahoo and other astronomy
sites that have a level of civility that is more to my liking.

Matthew Ota

Dare I ask (at my peril). How is the Starlord? Dont want to
start something nor am I looking for rattlesnakes in my mailbox,
just friendly curiosity and good wishes to a fellow human being ...

Take care. Dont stay away toooooooo long.

Old July 16th 07, 10:58 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Stuart Chapman

Matthew Ota wrote:
I am leaving active participation in sci.astro.amateur due to personal
attacks on my character.

I also did not like the attacks on Starlord especially since he has
had a serious medical problem.

I have lost faith in unmoderated message forums, as cowards choose to
flame on people as they hide behind screen names and handles.

There are many other moderated forums on Yahoo and other astronomy
sites that have a level of civility that is more to my liking.

Matthew Ota

Maybe I lurk too much, and post too little, but I don't like seeing
regular posters leave.

--
Stupot http://insignity.blogspot.com
Old July 16th 07, 01:24 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected][_2_]

On Jul 16, 5:58?am, Stuart Chapman
wrote:
Matthew Ota wrote:
I am leaving active participation in sci.astro.amateur due to personal
attacks on my character.

I also did not like the attacks on Starlord especially since he has
had a serious medical problem.

I have lost faith in unmoderated message forums, as cowards choose to
flame on people as they hide behind screen names and handles.

There are many other moderated forums on Yahoo and other astronomy
sites that have a level of civility that is more to my liking.

Matthew Ota

Maybe I lurk too much, and post too little, but I don't like seeing
regular posters leave.

--
Stupot http://insignity.blogspot.com

I agree with the original poster. I don't see the purpose of these
insulting posts, particularly the hounding of Starlord. I often
wonder what is their origin. Disgrunteled teenagers or what. Reminds
me of the Communist and Nazi rallies of the 30s trying to shout down
aternate views.

Old July 16th 07, 02:41 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Florian[_3_]

I'll miss you here Matthew. But i'm sure i'll see you on other forums. Take care...

..Florian

Old July 16th 07, 06:25 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Craig

Matt,

You should not leave, either ignore the trolls and assorted nutters, or
killfile them. Most usenet readers allow you to do that. I can
certainly show you how if you need help.

You make too many good contributions to the group and help keep the
Signal to Noise Ratio up.

Craig
--
Remove My_Skin to E-mail me.

Old July 17th 07, 03:12 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
starburst

Matthew Ota wrote:
I am leaving active participation in sci.astro.amateur due to personal
attacks on my character.

I also did not like the attacks on Starlord especially since he has
had a serious medical problem.

I have lost faith in unmoderated message forums, as cowards choose to
flame on people as they hide behind screen names and handles.

There are many other moderated forums on Yahoo and other astronomy
sites that have a level of civility that is more to my liking.

Matthew Ota

Best to you. Hope you're back soon - it always hurts this forum when
good posters split. - Chris