Big-Bang Hypothesis Doomed

Old November 25th 06, 04:06 PM posted to sci.astro
߃-- ¹¹

Default Big-Bang Hypothesis Doomed

It's about Time;
http://www.holoscience.com/news.php?...nb8hx39&pf=YES

߃--¹¹

Old November 26th 06, 01:53 AM posted to sci.astro
Rob[_2_]

߃-- ¹¹ wrote:
It's about Time;
http://www.holoscience.com/news.php?...nb8hx39&pf=YES

߃--¹¹

For those special few who who are interested in new paradigms that
retain what is good about the Big Bang paradigm, but discard all the
Ptolemaic add-ons, I would like to offer something completely
different.

If you have not checked out www.amherst.edu/~rloldershaw , please do.

It describes a paradigm wherein nature's global hierarchical
organization is completely unbounded and divides into discrete
self-similar Scales (..., Atomic, Stellar, Galactic, ...). The laws of
physics are either identical, or strongly self-similar, on all Scales
and for each system on Scale x, there is a self-similar analogue on
Scale x+1.

The global expansion of the local observable universe is reinterpreted
in terms of an infinitessimal expanding "bubble" deep in the interior
of a Metagalactic Scale supernova.

It is called the Discrete Fractal Paradigm (aka the Self-Similar
Cosmological Paradigm). It does away with the concept of absolute
scale. No abstruse mathematics or obfuscation. Emphasizes natural
philosophy.

Rob