OCA's Star-B-Que (burp)

Old July 27th 03, 10:59 PM
Matthew B. Ota

Default OCA's Star-B-Que (burp)

The Orange County Astronomer's annual Star-B-Que was held this
Saturday at the club's Anza obserbving site, right next to the Kuhn
telescope and the OCA Observatory. It was a great success, with so much
food that a lot of it went uneaten. Chicken, BBQ ribs, hambugers, hot
dogs, steaks and beef skewers. On the side macaroni & Cheese, chips,
dip, potato salad. For dessert cakes, pies, etc.

Observing went OK until about 3 a.m., when clouds moved in. It was
hard to stay awake after eating so much food.

I tried my new Lumicon narrowband filter on some selected DSOs, but
after 11 p.m. I went for Uranus, Neptune and Mars.
Mars had about a one-hour window where the seeing was somewhat steady,
but I feel Mt. Wilson is better for this kind of thing.

Matthew B. Ota
Orange County Astronomers Astroimagers SIG
http://www.ocastronomers.org/
Telescopes In Education (TIE)
http://tie.jpl.nasa.gov/tie/index.html
Jet Propulsion Laboratory Saturn Observation Campaign
http://soc.jpl.nasa.gov/index.cfm