astro: sn2008x ngc4141

Old February 23rd 08, 10:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Default astro: sn2008x ngc4141

3x5minutes
cropped and zoomed 200%
Intes MK-69 (6" f/6 Mak-Cass 900mm fl)
Celestron Advanced Series GT
Sbig ST2000XCM
--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2008X.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	1711
Old February 24th 08, 06:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
jerry warner[_10_]

very cool photo ...

"John N. Gretchen III" wrote:

3x5minutes
cropped and zoomed 200%
Intes MK-69 (6" f/6 Mak-Cass 900mm fl)
Celestron Advanced Series GT
Sbig ST2000XCM
--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

[Image]

Old February 24th 08, 06:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

jerry warner wrote:

very cool photo ...

"John N. Gretchen III" wrote:

3x5minutes
cropped and zoomed 200%
Intes MK-69 (6" f/6 Mak-Cass 900mm fl)
Celestron Advanced Series GT
Sbig ST2000XCM
--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

[Image]

Digging deep for that one!

Why are these things normally so far away? Yeah, I know lots more
galaxies that far out there. But still, since I got my setup nothing
close in the way of SN blow. Had several before I got set up. Universe
is conspiring against me -- same as the clouds.

Rick

Old February 24th 08, 07:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Hey that's cool John!

I didn't know about that one yet

Old February 24th 08, 07:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

jerry warner wrote:

very cool photo ...

"John N. Gretchen III" wrote:

3x5minutes
cropped and zoomed 200%
Intes MK-69 (6" f/6 Mak-Cass 900mm fl)
Celestron Advanced Series GT
Sbig ST2000XCM
--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

[Image]

Digging deep for that one!

Why are these things normally so far away? Yeah, I know lots more
galaxies that far out there. But still, since I got my setup nothing
close in the way of SN blow. Had several before I got set up. Universe
is conspiring against me -- same as the clouds.

and that tree facing north too, right?

Old February 24th 08, 08:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Richard Crisp wrote:
"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

jerry warner wrote:

very cool photo ...

"John N. Gretchen III" wrote:

3x5minutes
cropped and zoomed 200%
Intes MK-69 (6" f/6 Mak-Cass 900mm fl)
Celestron Advanced Series GT
Sbig ST2000XCM
--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

[Image]

Digging deep for that one!

Why are these things normally so far away? Yeah, I know lots more
galaxies that far out there. But still, since I got my setup nothing
close in the way of SN blow. Had several before I got set up. Universe
is conspiring against me -- same as the clouds.

and that tree facing north too, right?

The Polaris tree is getting to be a problem but I can cut it down.
Doing so would put lots more snow on the roof. For now only one or two
times a winter do I have to use the snow rake (a rubber squeegee 3 foot
wide with a 24 foot handle) to scrape snow off the roof. No fun as you
are standing on a 10' ladder to reach the roof in the first place. If I
cut it down I'd be doing this 15 times a winter rather than 2. Either
that or a heck of a lot of heat tape on the roof. It is a tall but
rather thin red pine that's about 102 feet tall when last measured. The
real problem is my Meridian Tree. That's a 80 foot tall, very wide,
white pine. I can't cut it down -- legally anyway. It's on a bluff and
within 100' of the shore. As such by state law I can't touch it in any
way. I can't even trim it. I've tried to hire some beavers but so far
they've decided they prefer aspen, no resin to gum up their teeth. It
nails anything south of the celestial equator. Fortunately it is well
down the bluff so I can look over it above the equator. Anything south
of the equator can't be imaged one hour before through 2 hours after the
meridian transit. White pine are rather rectangular trees so they don't
get narrower as you go up to any extent.

Rick

Old February 24th 08, 07:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Thanks Jerry, Rick, and Richard

jerry warner wrote:
very cool photo ...

John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3
Old February 26th 08, 07:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Wow, this seems to be a faint one. Nice result to get it.

Stefan