ASTRO: IC1396 with Sharpless 2-129, Barnard 169, 170, 171, 173 and 174 etc

Old May 28th 07, 12:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: IC1396 with Sharpless 2-129, Barnard 169, 170, 171, 173 and 174 etc

I imaged at Fremont Peak last night. The conditions were good all night but
at times was windier than I found comfortable. The temps were in the low 50s
(estimate). Seeing got good after midnight and became lighter and variable
winds. I was imaging widefield using a 150mm camera lens and my 6303 camera
with a new Baader Halpha filter. When the moon finally set, the skies were
glorius: the marine layer was well below my imaging area providing a light
shield from the cities below.

The goal was to shake down the new equipment configuration including the
camera lens system with the newly-added support system for the lens and the
new Baader Halpha filter.

1h 40 min total:

IC1396 with Sharpless 2-129, and Barnard 169, 170, 171, 173 and 174
http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ic1..._bpha_page.htm

the equipment is working well. Now I need more exposure time.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ic1396_pentax150_6303_bp_ha_5x20min_xga.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	296.2 KB
ID:	908
Old May 29th 07, 02:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Preston S Justis

"Richard Crisp" wrote in message
t...
I imaged at Fremont Peak last night. The conditions were good all night

but
at times was windier than I found comfortable. The temps were in the low

50s
(estimate). Seeing got good after midnight and became lighter and variable
winds. I was imaging widefield using a 150mm camera lens and my 6303

camera
with a new Baader Halpha filter. When the moon finally set, the skies were
glorius: the marine layer was well below my imaging area providing a light
shield from the cities below.

Beautiful series of images Richard! This one reminds me of the Rosette
nebula,

Scott

Old May 29th 07, 02:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

thanks Scott

I thought it reminded me of the Rosette as well: only much bigger.

here's an interesting Point of View with an even larger FOV

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/cyg...df_ha_page.htm

It looks like a big ring too....

newsMV6i.3631$D31.227@trnddc01...

Old May 30th 07, 12:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Preston S Justis

"Richard Crisp" wrote in message
t...
thanks Scott

I thought it reminded me of the Rosette as well: only much bigger.

here's an interesting Point of View with an even larger FOV

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/cyg...df_ha_page.htm

It looks like a big ring too....

Wow! Superb!! It really gets lost in the sauce of all that nebulosity
doesn't it :^).

Scott

Old May 30th 07, 08:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Great picture Rick. I'll have to buy one of those Baader Halpha filters, I'd
like something narrower than my 13nm Astronomik filter and the Baader is
nice cheap.

Stefan

t...