New Solar Array program!!!!! Rent the system!

Old May 14th 07, 05:15 AM posted to sci.energy,alt.energy.homepower,sci.environment,sci.space.policy,misc.survivalism
[email protected]

Default New Solar Array program!!!!! Rent the system!

On May 13, 7:59 pm, "Paul F. Dietz" quoted Dan:
How does PV mitigate demand for oil?

and replied:
Maybe if they spend enough money to power their homes with PV,
they won't be able to afford a car?

You see the family-budget problems that the alternate-energy shills
won't want mentioned. Electric cars, hybrid cars, etc. just cost way
more than standard gasoline ones - and you can't hope your present
gasoline car magically will change into any alternate-energy one
overnight in the drive. So alternate-energy cars - hybrids too - are
just unfeasible for most Americans now.

Old May 14th 07, 01:14 PM posted to sci.energy,alt.energy.homepower,sci.environment,sci.space.policy,misc.survivalism
[email protected]

On May 14, 12:15 am, " wrote:
On May 13, 7:59 pm, "Paul F. Dietz" quoted Dan:

How does PV mitigate demand for oil?

and replied:

Maybe if they spend enough money to power their homes with PV,
they won't be able to afford a car?

You see the family-budget problems that the alternate-energy shills
won't want mentioned. Electric cars, hybrid cars, etc. just cost way
more than standard gasoline ones - and you can't hope your present
gasoline car magically will change into any alternate-energy one
overnight in the drive. So alternate-energy cars - hybrids too - are
just unfeasible for most Americans now.

That's the way with everything.
40 years ago, a home computer and a broadband internet connection
was not only unfeasile for most Americans, it was unfeasible
and unthinkable for most companies.

And along that time, the idiot Americans kept gas is cheap.
But the idiots in Calitucky didn't count on the US population
going up by 50% in that time. So the morons didn't
count the price of highways, in their idiot calculation
of their price of gas.

Old May 14th 07, 03:17 PM posted to sci.energy,alt.energy.homepower,sci.environment,sci.space.policy,misc.survivalism
[email protected]

In misc.survivalism Fred J. McCall wrote:
wrote:

:In misc.survivalism
wrote:
:
: You see the family-budget problems that the alternate-energy shills
: won't want mentioned. Electric cars, hybrid cars, etc. just cost way
: more than standard gasoline ones
:
:I think that we need to stop looking so closely at the direct costs of
:aternative fuels, and start to be aware of the indirect benefits.
:

Someone still has to pay, regardless of what you look at.

Of course. But the benefits of energy independence may be worth paying
for.

:
:We need to be more independent as a nation. If we have to allocate some
:discretionary income to that goal, then so be it.
:

Who's this 'we' whose money you are allocating?

Good folks who care about the future of this country, and want to have
increased security in the homeland. If you are one of those folks, you can
save both money and energy with conservation, and you can aso spend money
towards that goal if you really care about this country's future.

:
:Hybrid cars have many good points. Ifthose who can afford them buy more of
:them, we are all better off.
:

So, what do YOU drive? Why do you think "those who can afford them"
should get smacked with these additional costs?

I drive a mini-SUV which gets around 30 MPG tinon the highway. Those who
can afford them can olunteer to benefit their country and their felow
countrymen by various methods.

--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Old May 14th 07, 04:30 PM posted to sci.energy,alt.energy.homepower,sci.environment,sci.space.policy,misc.survivalism
Fred J. McCall

wrote:

:In misc.survivalism Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
wrote:
:
: :In misc.survivalism
wrote:
: :
: : You see the family-budget problems that the alternate-energy shills
: : won't want mentioned. Electric cars, hybrid cars, etc. just cost way
: : more than standard gasoline ones
: :
: :I think that we need to stop looking so closely at the direct costs of
: :aternative fuels, and start to be aware of the indirect benefits.
: :
:
: Someone still has to pay, regardless of what you look at.
:
:Of course. But the benefits of energy independence may be worth paying
:for.
:

As long as it's someone else doing the paying?

: :
: :We need to be more independent as a nation. If we have to allocate some
: :discretionary income to that goal, then so be it.
: :
:
: Who's this 'we' whose money you are allocating?
:
:Good folks who care about the future of this country, and want to have
:increased security in the homeland. If you are one of those folks, you can
:save both money and energy with conservation, and you can aso spend money
:towards that goal if you really care about this country's future.
:

In other words, it's someone besides you.

: :
: :Hybrid cars have many good points. Ifthose who can afford them buy more of
: :them, we are all better off.
: :
:
: So, what do YOU drive? Why do you think "those who can afford them"
: should get smacked with these additional costs?
:
:I drive a mini-SUV which gets around 30 MPG tinon the highway. Those who
:can afford them can olunteer to benefit their country and their felow
:countrymen by various methods.

So why isn't it a hybrid? Don't you care about your country or your
fellow countrymen?

territory."
--G. Behn
Old May 14th 07, 05:58 PM posted to sci.energy,alt.energy.homepower,sci.environment,sci.space.policy,misc.survivalism
Arnold Walker

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message

:In misc.survivalism Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
wrote:
:
: :In misc.survivalism
wrote:
: :
[...]

Because you can get the exact same thing riding a Harley.....883 gets 59mgp
96cu gets 51mpg and the Harley is cheaper and less complex.

territory."
--G. Behn

Old May 14th 07, 06:30 PM posted to sci.energy,alt.energy.homepower,sci.environment,sci.space.policy,misc.survivalism
Arnold Walker

"Arnold Walker" wrote in message

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message

:In misc.survivalism Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
wrote:
:
: :In misc.survivalism
wrote:
: :
[...]

Which green machine has higher sales a Harley or the hybrid.
Answer Harley.....You seen the sales numbers, them scooters are rolling.
They even have national shows promoting custom Harley's on Orange country
and others.
When is the last time you saw custom hybrid shows with even close to the
same recognition as Harley.
They are fast returning to past eras in terms of wide spread utility use,as
the gas bucks tighen up.
And to add insult to injury, which will do the best job of 51mpg and run at
true interstate speed under all terrain.
I even rode Harley's in dirt, can't say I would want to with a hybrid.
Driving you and maybe one other rider........Harley full loaded
Electroglide.with optional sidecar/ tour trailer.
As to the van, another option is a diesel version which will also usually
gets better miliage than hybrids
( Some even that good a Mpg while dragging your Harley and ATV's on an
outing......though the VW diesel vanagon
was limited to 55mph).
And with the new exhaust filter systems, cleaner emissions than a hybrid.

territory."
--G. Behn

Newsgroups
=----

Old May 15th 07, 01:28 AM posted to sci.energy,alt.energy.homepower,sci.environment,sci.space.policy,misc.survivalism
[email protected]

In misc.survivalism Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
:Of course. But the benefits of energy independence may be worth paying
:for.
:

As long as it's someone else doing the paying?

I think that we need to sell energy independence as a national security
issue. I think that people need to understand it from that standpoint.
Right now, I think that there is too much emphasis on short-term
economics. People should consider how long a payback period may be for
some sort of energy-saving step. But they should also get a good feeling
from knowing that they are doing something good for the country.

Indeed, those who are most conerned about the security of the country may
decide to reduce thier use of imported energy, even if it is sightly more
expensive. IMO, it is patriotic to reduce one's use of imported energy.

: :
: :We need to be more independent as a nation. If we have to allocate some
: :discretionary income to that goal, then so be it.
: :
:
: Who's this 'we' whose money you are allocating?
:
:Good folks who care about the future of this country, and want to have
:increased security in the homeland. If you are one of those folks, you can
:save both money and energy with conservation, and you can aso spend money
:towards that goal if you really care about this country's future.
:

In other words, it's someone besides you.

When and where did I exclude myself from "good folks who care about the
future of this country"?

: :
: :Hybrid cars have many good points. Ifthose who can afford them buy more of
: :them, we are all better off.
: :
:
: So, what do YOU drive? Why do you think "those who can afford them"
: should get smacked with these additional costs?
:
:I drive a mini-SUV which gets around 30 MPG tinon the highway. Those who
:can afford them can olunteer to benefit their country and their felow
:countrymen by various methods.

So why isn't it a hybrid? Don't you care about your country or your
fellow countrymen?

There's a bunch of reasons it isn't a hybrid. And hybrids are not
necessariy the most appropriate vehice for someone to drive. For example,
they show the most improvement in stop and go driving. There is much less
adantage for highway driving.

And despite my being pleasant and polite in my responses, your repeated
undertone of "You're a goddamned hypocrite!" did not go unoticed. Bye.

Old May 15th 07, 01:30 AM posted to sci.energy,alt.energy.homepower,sci.environment,sci.space.policy,misc.survivalism
[email protected]

In misc.survivalism Arnold Walker wrote:

So why isn't it a hybrid? Don't you care about your country or your
fellow countrymen?

Because you can get the exact same thing riding a Harley.....883 gets 59mgp
96cu gets 51mpg and the Harley is cheaper and less complex.

That's MUCH better mileage than you can get with any hybrid.