A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Misc
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Fishing Expeditions

Old June 8th 13, 08:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Fishing Expeditions

I have a strong aversion to the idea of being accused of conducting a fishing expedition and the truth of the matter is that I haven't been accused in quite a long time. Maybe I even have a sentimental attachment to the notion of at least being accused no matter what the truth of the matter might happen to be. Fishing expeditions aren't what most people can relate to. It's mostly the high minded set that it applies to. Fishing expeditions are under the purview of what might be regarded as the leadership of the arts paradigm. So if I say that the hysterical ranters are jealous of the attention given to the military by the compulsive thankers, uh..., then by all means, flatter me by accusing me of being on a fishing expedition since if there is any leadership at all in the arts paradigm, you would know that my intended 'hook' is the science paradigm. It shouldn't be possible that anyone with a PhD in science is a hysterical ranter... but a fishing expedition is justified from my point of view.