M13 - Great Globular in Hercules

Old May 17th 07, 07:33 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Default M13 - Great Globular in Hercules

oriel36 wrote:

On May 17, 5:34 pm, Anthony Ayiomamitis
wrote:

Terry B wrote:

"Anthony Ayiomamitis" wrote in message

Dear Friends,

Clear skies!

Anthony.

Wonderful image.
I like the diffraction spikes. Are they added or is there a spider in the
refractor ;)

Amazing what a couple of strings can do to a premium refractor. :-)

Anthony.

Terry B- Hide quoted text -

Telescopes and those who use them are in astronomical terms only new
kids on the block for almost all the great astronomical insights were
made before telescopes appeared.It is a great comfort to hear it from
Kepler the different sections of astronomy before the celestial sphere
hobbiests arrived -

"To set down in books the apparent paths of the planets
[viasplanetarum apparentes] and the record of their motions is
especially the task of the practical and mechanical part of astronomy;
to discover their true and genuine path [vias vero veras et genuinas]
is . . .the task of contemplative astronomy; while to say by what
circle and lines correct images of those true motions may be depicted
on paper is the concern of the inferior tribunal of geometers" Kepler

This era of photography is yours but how many images of the same
thing can people stand.The fact that this is all you lot believe
astronomy to be makes the dark ages of astronomy.

At least with Daniel J Min, I would get the occasional laugh from his
equally eccentric posts.

By the way, oriel, I try and make my imaging as unique as possible by
pursuing more obscure targets ... ;-)

Anthony.
Old May 17th 07, 07:51 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
Alan French

"oriel36" wrote in message
ups.com...

This era of photography is yours but how many images of the same
thing can people stand.The fact that this is all you lot believe
astronomy to be makes the dark ages of astronomy.

ROTFL! This from one of the most boring and repetitious dullards on s.a.a.

It's always nice to see what the best astrophotographers are doing with old,
familiar favorites.

Perhaps it is time to put some new vitality into your story line. It's been
stale for a long time, and everyone has heard it by now.

Clear skies, Alan

Old May 18th 07, 05:09 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
Ben

On May 17, 1:51 pm, "Alan French"
wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

ROTFL! This from one of the most boring and repetitious dullards on s.a.a.

It's always nice to see what the best astrophotographers are doing with old,
familiar favorites.

Perhaps it is time to put some new vitality into your story line. It's been
stale for a long time, and everyone has heard it by now.

Clear skies, Alan

Yes, Oriel,

Stop cherrypicking Kepler and get into the depths of his
heuristic. Get yourself a scientific calculator and discover
for yourself what the really means:

E = M + e sin E

It will take you right back to Plato and the inevitable
relationship between "psyche" (soul) and "analogia"
(proportion) which Jakob Klein declares that Plato used
interchangeably in `Timaeus' ! (The guys at JPL militate
against using Kepler's formula for the planets but it works
very well for comets.)

When I first began to study Kepler I wondered if he had
been reading `Timaeus'. After being presented with a copy
`Harmonice Mundi' I wonder if he didn't have the whole
dialog memorized (in goodly Attic Greek).

Loosen up - some people still think you're a bot.

Ben

Old May 18th 07, 11:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
oriel36[_2_]

On May 17, 7:51 pm, "Alan French"
wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

ups.com...

This era of photography is yours but how many images of the same
thing can people stand.The fact that this is all you lot believe
astronomy to be makes the dark ages of astronomy.

ROTFL! This from one of the most boring and repetitious dullards on s.a.a.

It's always nice to see what the best astrophotographers are doing with old,
familiar favorites.

Perhaps it is time to put some new vitality into your story line. It's been
stale for a long time, and everyone has heard it by now.

Clear skies, Alan

Climatology is based on the motrions of the Earth and the relationship
between axial/orbital motions and orientations over the course of an
annual orbit.Because you astrological freaks introduce a variable
axial tilt component ,otherwise known as the analemma,in order to try
and explain away the Equation of Time,it means that humans are working
off the wrong set of principles for climate studies.

http://mstecker.com/images/app/solar...c-master_f.jpg

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/as...s/980116c.html

It is not bad enough that your astrological/magnification doctrines
destrroyed the careful work of the heliocentric and timekeeping
astronomers,your constellational framework makes it impossible to
explain global climate and hemispherical weather patterns (seasons)
using the relationship between axial and orbital motions.

You want your stupid late 17th century analemma creation and your
variable tilting Earth,I assure you the price for the rest of humanity
is enormous.

Old May 18th 07, 12:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
oriel36[_2_]

wrote:

Terry B wrote:

[...]

Anthony.- Hide quoted text -

The constellational Ra/Dec system makes your celestial peep show a
cinch but if you want something more optically challenging based on
telescopes with photo -adapters may I suggest this site -

http://www.at-infocus.co.uk/choosing_scopes.html

Tell me all about the analemma at the polar axis,my goodness,the Earth
must have some variable tilt to produce that one or the analemma at
the Equator where there is no variations in daylight/darkness
throughout the annual orbit of the Earth

http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Solar-Analemma.htm

The analemma is indeed a phenomenon but not in the way you think for
it most certainly highlights the utter stupidity to which humans can
descend and indeed borders on sub-human.Again,why don't you take up
birdwatching where you can do no harm.