MER Backyard astronomy...

Old February 3rd 04, 03:08 AM
Richard Stewart

Default MER Backyard astronomy...

I'm wondering if there's any chance of the two rovers doing a spot of
"backyard" astronomy.

If I recall correctly, the resolution of the cameras is approxiamate to
20/20 human vision - I'd like to see if the two moons of Mars, Phobos &
Deimos, are visible to the rovers. Night, Evening or Day... apparent size,
rate of motion, etc etc...

CHeers,
Richard
Old February 10th 04, 07:22 AM
TheonFrm4

If your refering to shot I sent HLOO2 can only be done at certain times.when
condiitions are just right.Other factors are involved Have better shots then
the one i sent thats the worst one.If it not about that one just forget i reply