NASA loose contact with Spirit?

Old January 22nd 04, 03:03 PM
sunimage

Default NASA loose contact with Spirit?

have NASA lost contact with the spirit rover already? the JPL website
says they didnt receive any signals from it yesterday

it did't last long.

Old January 22nd 04, 05:34 PM
Elysium Fossa

"sunimage" wrote in message
have NASA lost contact with the spirit rover already? the JPL website
says they didnt receive any signals from it yesterday

it did't last long.

Crap.....looks like you're right, I just watched the press conference.

quote: "a very serious anomaly" has occured with the rover.

Old January 22nd 04, 05:37 PM
ngc457

Sounded like a software issue. Spirit uses a RAD6000 CPU, an early
Macintosh processor. Figures. They should have used a 486 like HST.

Old January 22nd 04, 05:37 PM
ngc457

Old January 22nd 04, 05:37 PM
ngc457

Old January 22nd 04, 06:16 PM
Alan the Horse

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:34:30 -0000, "Elysium Fossa"
wrote:

"sunimage" wrote in message
have NASA lost contact with the spirit rover already? the JPL website
says they didnt receive any signals from it yesterday

it did't last long.

Crap.....looks like you're right, I just watched the press conference.

quote: "a very serious anomaly" has occured with the rover.

Anyone with speculation on the chances it is related to solar flares,
and that the problem is temporary?

Early CEV Mission Blurrt Policy 76 February 5th 04 04:45 PM
Selected Restricted NASA Videotapes Michael Ravnitzky Space Station 5 January 16th 04 04:28 PM
Spirit on Mars? Shawn Grant Amateur Astronomy 78 January 8th 04 03:57 PM
NASA's year of sorrow, recovery, progress and success Jacques van Oene Space Station 0 December 31st 03 07:28 PM