Best Telescope manual?

Old March 28th 06, 07:01 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default Best Telescope manual?

Friend just bought himself a Meade 105 and I would like to buy him a book
that would give him Do's and Dont's for Telescope info.
He is ( like myself) a relative novice - but very enthusiastic! Perhaps
someone here has got a recommendation for something suitable?
TIA
Fred

Old March 29th 06, 10:44 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

In article , fred2 wrote:
Friend just bought himself a Meade 105 and I would like to buy him a book
that would give him Do's and Dont's for Telescope info.
He is ( like myself) a relative novice - but very enthusiastic! Perhaps
someone here has got a recommendation for something suitable?

Not specifically a do's and don'ts but I would recommend 'Turn Left at
Orion' as a fantastic where to look and how to find it for novices book.

When I started I was overwhelmed by the expanse of it all and the
difficulty in finding things, I bought the book for my son and found it
invaluable for finding lots of visually impressive stuff easily and with
a small scope.

--
Ian Newham

http://www.IanNewham.com
Old March 29th 06, 10:57 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Ian Newham wrote:
In article , fred2 wrote:

Friend just bought himself a Meade 105 and I would like to buy him a book
that would give him Do's and Dont's for Telescope info.
He is ( like myself) a relative novice - but very enthusiastic! Perhaps
someone here has got a recommendation for something suitable?

Not specifically a do's and don'ts but I would recommend 'Turn Left at
Orion' as a fantastic where to look and how to find it for novices book.

When I started I was overwhelmed by the expanse of it all and the
difficulty in finding things, I bought the book for my son and found it
invaluable for finding lots of visually impressive stuff easily and with
a small scope.

Yeah. To misquote Lance Armstrong "It's not about the telescope"

BugBear
Old March 30th 06, 09:52 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

"Ian Newham" wrote in message
In article , fred2 wrote:
Friend just bought himself a Meade 105 and I would like to buy him a book
that would give him Do's and Dont's for Telescope info.
He is ( like myself) a relative novice - but very enthusiastic! Perhaps
someone here has got a recommendation for something suitable?

Not specifically a do's and don'ts but I would recommend 'Turn Left at
Orion' as a fantastic where to look and how to find it for novices book.

When I started I was overwhelmed by the expanse of it all and the
difficulty in finding things, I bought the book for my son and found it
invaluable for finding lots of visually impressive stuff easily and with
a small scope.

--
Ian Newham

http://www.IanNewham.com

Thank you Ian,
Yes, I've already looked at that on Amazon and that will do nicely!
Fred