The hunt for alien life heats up in 2021

Old January 6th 21, 11:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default The hunt for alien life heats up in 2021

If there is alien life elsewhere, it is of absolutely no practical significance !

Distances to even close neighboring star systems are far FAR too great, certainly for even the slightest chance of traveling to / from, and even for a 2 way radio discussion. e.g. - " Hi ! " 12 years " Hi, who are you ? " 12 years , etc.

Old January 6th 21, 11:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Whisper[_3_]

On 7/01/2021 9:36 am, wrote:
If there is alien life elsewhere, it is of absolutely no practical significance !

Yes, likely a bit of moss growing on a rock. No radio waves from that.

Old January 7th 21, 03:40 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Andrew W[_2_]

casag... wrote in message ...

If there is alien life elsewhere, it is of absolutely no practical
significance !

That's your closed minded personal opinion and you can stick to it if you
want. So why do keep trumpeting it here? What's your game?

Distances to even close neighboring star systems are far FAR too great,
certainly for even the slightest chance of traveling to / from, and even
for a 2 way radio discussion. e.g. - " Hi ! " 12 years " Hi, who are
you ? " 12 years , etc.

That's only with 3rd dimensional primitive earth tech and concepts. Open
your mind and find out about people who have already been visited. ET's have
been here since biblical times and before and there are references in many
books as well as archaeological evidence and depictions.

Old January 7th 21, 09:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

On=20Thu=20Jan=207=2013:40:22=202021=20"Andrew=20W "=20=20wrote:
=20casag...=20wrote=20in=20message=20news:PXqJH.2 7906$rY1.4034@fx=

40.iad...

=20If=20there=20is=20alien=20life=20elsewhere,=2 0it=20is=20of=20=

absolutely=20no=20practical
=20significance=20!
=20

=20That's=20your=20closed=20minded=20personal=20o pinion=20and=20y=

ou=20can=20stick=20to=20it=20if=20you
=20want.=20So=20why=20do=20keep=20trumpeting=20it =20here?=20What'=

s=20your=20game?

Such=20a=20very=20important=20message,=20I'll=20re peat=20as=20ofte=
n=20as=20apparently=20necessary.

=20
=20Distances=20to=20even=20close=20neighboring=2 0star=20systems=

=20are=20far=20FAR=20too=20great,
=20certainly=20for=20even=20the=20slightest=20ch ance=20of=20trav=

eling=20to=20/=20from,=20and=20even
=20for=20a=202=20way=20radio=20discussion.=20e.g .=20-=20"=20Hi=

=20!=20"=20=2012=20years=20=20"=20Hi,=20who=20ar e
=20you=20?=20"=20=2012=20years=20=20,=20etc.
=20

=20That's=20only=20with=203rd=20dimensional=20pri mitive=20earth=

=20tech=20and=20concepts.=20Open
=20your=20mind=20and=20find=20out=20about=20peopl e=20who=20have=

=20already=20been=20visited.=20ET's=20have
=20been=20here=20since=20biblical=20times=20and=2 0before=20and=20=

there=20are=20references=20in=20many
=20books=20as=20well=20as=20archaeological=20evid ence=20and=20dep=

ictions.

ETs=20have=20absolutely=20never=20been=20anywhere, =20since=20there=
's=20no=20reasonable=20way=20of=20practical=20trav el=20across=20th=
e=20mind=20bogling=20distances.=20I'm=20amazed=20a t=20the=20fools=
=20who=20continue=20to=20miss=20this=20obvious=20i mportant=20fact=
=2E=20Onus=20is=20on=20them=20to=20demonstrate=20j ust=20how=20such=
=20journeys=20might=20ever=20be=20possible.=20They =20can't=20becau=
se=20it=20is=20clearly=20not.

Old January 7th 21, 09:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Also=20keep=20in=20mind,=20something=20worth=20rep eating.=20Intell=
igent=20space=20faring=20species=20likely=20abound =20throughout=20=
the=20universe.=20If=20interstellar=20travel=20wer e=20possible,=20=
then=20we'd=20be=20often=20visited=20by=20aliens.= 20We=20are=20cle=
arly=20not=20so=20it=20isn't=20possible.

Old January 7th 21, 11:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Andrew W[_2_]

casag... wrote in message ...

On Thu Jan 7 13:40:22 2021 "Andrew W" wrote:
casag... wrote in message ...

If there is alien life elsewhere, it is of absolutely no practical
significance !

That's your closed minded personal opinion and you can stick to it if you
want. So why do keep trumpeting it here? What's your game?

Such a very important message, I'll repeat as often as apparently
necessary.

Important for what purpose exactly?

Distances to even close neighboring star systems are far FAR too great,
certainly for even the slightest chance of traveling to / from, and even
for a 2 way radio discussion. e.g. - " Hi ! " 12 years " Hi, who are
you ? " 12 years , etc.

That's only with 3rd dimensional primitive earth tech and concepts. Open
your mind and find out about people who have already been visited. ET's
have
been here since biblical times and before and there are references in
many
books as well as archaeological evidence and depictions.

ETs have absolutely never been anywhere, since there's no reasonable way of
practical travel across the mind bogling distances.

How do you know this with such certainty?

I'm amazed at the fools who continue to miss this obvious important fact.
Onus is on them to demonstrate just how such journeys might ever be
possible. They can't because it is clearly not.

We exist only in the limited 3rd dimension. There are virtually infinite
higher dimensions that have totally different laws.
Time and space are just concepts. If you go beyond those concepts then
distance is completely irrelevant.
Do you or have you by any chance worked for the government or an agency that
persuades people to think the way you do?

Old January 7th 21, 11:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Andrew W[_2_]

casag... wrote in message ...

Also keep in mind, something worth repeating. Intelligent space faring
species likely abound throughout the universe. If interstellar travel were
possible, then we'd be often visited by aliens. We are clearly not so it
isn't possible.

How do you know we haven't been visited? How do you know they're not here
now?

Old January 7th 21, 11:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
R Kym Horsell[_2_]

Luigi Caselli wrote:
Il 07/01/2021 21:16, ha scritto:
ETs have absolutely never been anywhere, since there's no reasonable way of practical travel across the mind bogling distances. I'm amazed at the fools who continue to miss this obvious important fact. Onus is on them to demonstrate just how such journeys might ever be possible. They can't because it is clearly not.

Try this mental experiment.
There are two identical boxes, one with one dollar inside and the other
with one euro inside.
You and I take one box each and go on opposite direction with a rocket
for 500.000 Km or much more if you want.
Now we are separate by 1 million km so the light takes about 3 seconds
to go from my position to yours.
But if I open the box and see the euro I *immediately* know that you
have the dollar in your box.
The information has traveled much faster than light (in fact
instantanously!) even if we are separated by millions light years.
This is a kind of quantistic entanglement explained with real objects.
Luigi Caselli

I like the quantum version where -- without opening the box --
you send a pixie into a box with one of a pair of shoes.
The pixie will hammer away and turn a left shoe into a right shoe
or a right shoe into a left shoe.
You know that the box with the other shoe will likely STILL have
the opposite shoe even after the pixie has finished.

But I doubt whats his face will be interested.

People that seem to pin their ideas of impossibility of interstellar
flight or FLT dont seem to be thinking straight. Even if we ignore
GR being likely incomplete, in contradiction with QP, and
perhaps a little wrong logically (Bloch universe &ct), it
predicts a kind of FTL anyway via wormholes.

Interestingly, recent work on those "long skinny wormholes, which are
a solution of the GR equations just like "classical" fat wormholes,
suggests the negative energy of the skinny part of the wormhole
might be just enough to hold them open to allow passage of radiation.

Which may explain some of those reports where people hear
pre-recording radio signals that seem to be returning to Earth
decades after they were sent.

Wormholes of course look like a pair of 3D objects a bit like black holes.
Things whose existence has pretty much been nailed down from observation.
Who knows, some of them may "really" be semi-permanent wormholes.

Old January 7th 21, 11:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
R Kym Horsell[_2_]

casag... wrote in message ...
[...]

Relatively itself predicts the existence of wormholes.
They are a perfectedly valid solution of the same GR equations that
these jokes suppose limits space travel to sub-light speeds.

These guys just cain think straight. Ignore them.

--
[The Hillbilly Creed: strong opinions and 0 facts:]

So what makes you think long-range forecasts are possible when
short-range forecasts of just a couple of decades can't get it right?
-- chumpsky, 28 Feb 2016 07:25pm

According to the law, the average of the results obtained from a large
number of trials should be close to the expected value, and will tend to
become closer as more trials are performed. The LLN is important because it
"guarantees" stable long-term results for the averages of some random events.
-- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers

'evidence of alien life' [email protected] Misc 13 July 23rd 17 06:04 PM
'evidence of alien life' Herbert Glazier Misc 2 July 3rd 17 11:54 AM
Alien Life Found! HVAC[_2_] Misc 16 March 29th 11 04:11 PM
U. North Carolina technology enrolled in hunt for life on Mars (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 June 11th 08 02:59 PM
#68 calculation of alien life in Cosmos as 10^9 alien advanced life [email protected] Astronomy Misc 1 April 22nd 08 07:20 AM