Still not to late to start - Free Astronomy Lessons!

Old February 1st 04, 03:24 AM
Jamie

Default Still not to late to start - Free Astronomy Lessons!

Still not to late to start - Free Astronomy Lessons!

I have just uploaded the second set of lessons for our astronomy
course. Please visit
http://www.synapses.co.uk/astro
to start the course. More course details below

Make the year 2004 your space odyssey by learning astronomy! I (Dr
Jamie Love) will be presenting 4 lessons each month throughout the
year - totaling 48 lessons. This course is a healthy mix of
observational and academic (scientific) astronomy so you will learn
identification and a great deal about stars and the universe. This is
a low math (no math?) astronomy course but it covers a great deal of
astronomy. Indeed, it’s a complete course similar to a first year
university course (but again - without the math). Along with the four
monthly lessons you will find a webpage called "Night Sky this Month"
(and "Next Month", too) listing observations of the Moon and planets
along with other special phenomena for that month (such as meteor
showers or eclipses). There’s even a brief calendar of historic
"astro-events".

Each month I will rotate in and out another 4 more lessons, so don't
miss a month! I will be leaving the January lessons constantly posted
(because they present very important, fundamental materials) but the
February lessons will be replaced by the March lessons as we move into
the next month. And so it goes.
Also, every "quarter" of the year, I will post two self-grading
astronomy exams (one to test your identification skills and the other
to access your scientific understanding) covering the material in the
previous four months.
By the end of 2004 you haved studied 48 lessons, taken eight exams and
you will be well educated in astronomy!

Learn ...
to identify hundreds of stars and constellations.
how a star is born, how it works, how it ages and how it dies
about strange phenomena such as blackholes, quasars and pulsars.
how astronomers determine the motion, temperature and composition of
stars.
where comets and meteors come from and what they are made of.
and a whole lot more, so leap on over to
THE FREE ASTRONOMY LESSONS AT
http://www.synapses.co.uk/astro
and bookmark it.

Wishing you clear skies,

Jamie (your astro instructor)

Dr Jamie Love
Virtual Instructor in Astronomy.
FREE lessons at
http://www.synapses.co.uk/astro/index.html
The website that teaches you the sky sights!
EMAIL
Note: remove all X's from my email address in order to send email to me (it's an "anti-spamming" thingy.)