Sh2-132 Ha:OIII and RGB

Old October 19th 16, 10:49 PM
slilge slilge is offline
Senior Member

Default Sh2-132 Ha:OIII and RGB

I imaged Sh2-132 trying to combine narrow band and RGB to make it look like pure RGB. I got 123x60s of RGB with my ASI1600MC cool OSC camera and added 51x180s and 36x30s Halpha plus 47x180s OIII with the b/w version of the ASI 1600.

The 30 second Halpha exposures were easily background limited at f/2,2 under Berlin city skies. Actually six seconds would have been enough, which is kind of funny. I get more background here in Berlin with a Halpha filter than in Namibia with a luminance filter...

Taken from Berlin with a Celestron RASA on a G11 mount.

Stefan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sh2-132colourgut.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	6418
Old October 21st 16, 04:28 PM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

Nice for your skies.
I tried to email you but the address seems to have change. Please email me.
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slilge View Post
I imaged Sh2-132 trying to combine narrow band and RGB to make it look like pure RGB. I got 123x60s of RGB with my ASI1600MC cool OSC camera and added 51x180s and 36x30s Halpha plus 47x180s OIII with the b/w version of the ASI 1600.

The 30 second Halpha exposures were easily background limited at f/2,2 under Berlin city skies. Actually six seconds would have been enough, which is kind of funny. I get more background here in Berlin with a Halpha filter than in Namibia with a luminance filter...

Taken from Berlin with a Celestron RASA on a G11 mount.

Stefan

ASTRO: Owl in [OIII] Richard Crisp[_1_] Astro Pictures 6 January 20th 08 04:23 PM
ASTRO: M27 in [SII], Ha and [OIII] Richard Crisp[_1_] Astro Pictures 0 July 9th 07 07:22 PM
New Crab: [SII], Ha and [OIII] Richard Crisp CCD Imaging 0 December 29th 03 04:44 AM
OIII goggles. etok Amateur Astronomy 8 September 25th 03 04:00 AM
UHC or OIII ? - Help me decide please P B UK Astronomy 8 August 13th 03 09:18 AM