In Mermoriam Chuck Simmons

Old January 24th 04, 08:01 PM
John Oliver

Default In Mermoriam Chuck Simmons

I have just heard that Chuck Simmons, who occasionally posted here,
died last weekend. Chuck was a true renaissance man who wrote with
equal eloquence of the relative merits of eyepiece designs or
mathematical philosophies. I met him first virtually through the
UFAQ (Unofficial Netscape FAQ) and physically at the First (and
only) Annual Gathering of Netscape Champions. The world will be
less without his presence.

There will be a gathering to swap Chuck stories next Tuesday, 27
January, at the Village Inn 1430 Harrison Rd. Colorado Springs, CO
80906.
--
... The times have been,
That, when the brains were out,

Old January 25th 04, 01:46 AM
Bill Becker

I remember him posting here. Wasn't he only 58???
My sincerest condolences go out to the Simmons family and friends.

Bill

newsizQb.11759$dd6.6817@lakeread02...

Old January 25th 04, 06:26 AM
Herbert Mizel

Im sorry to hear this. Chuck was one fine human being. This is a
real loss and he will be missed. I wasnt aware he was even ill?
Herrb

Old January 25th 04, 12:51 PM
John Oliver

Herbert Mizel wrote:
Im sorry to hear this. Chuck was one fine human being. This is a
real loss and he will be missed. I wasnt aware he was even ill?
Herrb

He had been going through a series of chemotherapy treatments for at
least two years as I recall. He never seemed to let it get him down
and I saw a number of humerous essays about the experience. He
will, indeed, be missed by many.

--
John Oliver