Problems with syncing Heavens-Above channel on ActiveSync

Old February 26th 06, 12:22 AM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe

Default Problems with syncing Heavens-Above channel on ActiveSync

Hello, I have recently experienced some problems related to syncing the
Heavens-Above satellite predictions database on my PDA (Cassiopeia E-100
PsPC, WinCE 2.11). First, there was a message stating more or less that
since I had not been using the service for some time, my channel was
"frozen". Then, I "revived" my channel, but ever since, instead of getting
updated predictions, I have constantly been getting only the H-A welcome
page with a request to submit my user name and password (despite the fact
that I have entered my name and password numerous times at the bottom of
that page). That is very strange, since I do not experience such problems
when logging onto my account on H-A via a web browser.
Have any of you experienced such problems and/or know how to solve them?
Greetings,
HilmiR

"Anywhere I may roam,
where I lay my head is home."

Old February 27th 06, 05:17 AM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe

Hi HilmiR,

It's a great service, syncing HA to a PDA.

HA had some big problems with a full server partition recently but I
thought they had all cleared up. I couldn't logon to the web site when
the problems occurred and I saw the identical error message you saw on
my PDA, but that was over a week ago and I have successfully synced my
PDA via AvantGo every day since.

As the HA account is independent of AvantGo, perhaps if the problem is
persistent, you could remove the channel from AvantGo, resync, then add
the channel once again.

Old March 6th 06, 01:53 AM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe

Hello,
I've tried it - removed the channel from AvantGo, I even reinstalled the
AvantGo client on my PC and PDA, and it still behaves in the same way. I
don't know what's going on, all my other channels are working properly, but
I cannot log on to HA on my PDA, even though I can do it in IE on my PC.
Any more hints on how to solve this problem?
HilmiR

Old March 8th 06, 12:09 AM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe

Hi XerXeS,

Haven't used a Cassiopeia PDA as I have a Toshiba e750. It even
correctly synced my alternative location when I changed that via the
web browser over the weekend.

One thought - do you sync via the new AvantGo client or do you still
use the old PIE one? (Pocket Internet Explorer)? If so, do you know
someone who has downloaded the latest AvantGo client to their PDA. If
so, ask them to test your account for you.