New to Imaging - how do I stack color jpegs?

Old February 14th 04, 12:31 AM
vegie

Default New to Imaging - how do I stack color jpegs?

Hello, I have a series of 15 back-to-back images of Jupiter I took with my
Olympus C4050 on a Meade 10" f10 SCT, afocal setup. I've tried Registak2,
AstroStack2, PhotoShop Elements 2.0, K3CCDTools and AIP4WIN on a Win XP
computer. I can't for the life of me figure out how to just add/stack the
15 images in color and get a combined image. Some programs want to split up
the jpeg into L and RGB, others don't seem to have the stacking function,
etc. What's the easiest way to do this? Is there anyway to stack without
spliting the images into LRGB??

Thanks

RV

Old February 14th 04, 10:31 PM
Robin Leadbeater

"vegie" wrote in message
Hello, I have a series of 15 back-to-back images of Jupiter I took with my
Olympus C4050 on a Meade 10" f10 SCT, afocal setup. I've tried Registak2,
AstroStack2, PhotoShop Elements 2.0, K3CCDTools and AIP4WIN on a Win XP
computer. I can't for the life of me figure out how to just add/stack the
15 images in color and get a combined image. Some programs want to split

up
the jpeg into L and RGB, others don't seem to have the stacking function,
etc. What's the easiest way to do this? Is there anyway to stack without
spliting the images into LRGB??

Hi RV,

I cannot imagine what you are doing wrong but it is very simple with k3ccd
tools for example

Drag and drop your jpg images as a set into the image column
click the planetary wizard icon and follow the instructions!

Robin

Old February 16th 04, 01:16 PM
John Chewter

Im a developer.......

Is there any source code about for this?
John Chewter