New Maths for Superluminal Speeds

Old August 18th 07, 07:52 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique
Pentcho Valev

Default New Maths for Superluminal Speeds

On 18 Aug, 05:36, Tom Roberts wrote in
sci.physics.relativity:
qbit wrote:
I've always questioned the correctness of the Lorentz factor
(ie. the 'gamma') and had proposed my own version.

That is exceedingly difficult to do, while meeting ALL of the
requirements. Indeed, it can be shown that the only viable methods for
the local addition of velocities are as in Galilean relativity and as in
Special Relativity.

To date, as far as I know ALL of the "superluminal sources" observed
astronomically have been shown to be only APPARENTLY superluminal, but
not actually superluminal: they are a source moving near to the
line-of-sight to earth, with a LOCAL speed less than c. Because later
light has less far to go, it can give the APPEARANCE of a superluminal
source, even though nothing actually moves faster than c, LOCALLY.

Tom Roberts

Roberts Roberts even some zombies now know that LOCALLY is used as
camouflage whereas the real danger for Einstein criminal cult comes
from NON-LOCALLY. Non-locally Roberts Roberts the speed of light
varies with the gravitational potential, the gravitational redshift is
a consequence of this variability and therefore the introduction of
the so-called "gavitational time dilation" is just the result of
criminal activity designed to destroy human rationality:

Tom Roberts wrote in sci.physics.relativity:
Pentcho Valev wrote:
CAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT EXCEED 300000 km/s IN A GRAVITATIONAL FIELD?

Sure, depending on the physical conditions of the measurement. It can
also be less than "300000 km/s" (by which I assume you really mean the
standard value for c). And this can happen even for an accelerated
observer in a region without any significant gravitation (e.g. in
Minkowski spacetime).
Tom Roberts

http://www.blazelabs.com/f-g-gcont.asp "The first confirmation of a
long range variation in the speed of light travelling in space came in
1964. Irwin Shapiro, it seems, was the first to make use of a
previously forgotten facet of general relativity theory -- that the
speed of light is reduced when it passes through a gravitational
field....Faced with this evidence, Einstein stated:"In the second
place our result shows that, according to the general theory of
relativity, the law of the constancy of the velocity of light in
vacuo, which constitutes one of the two fundamental assumptions in the
special theory of relativity and to which we have already frequently
referred, cannot claim any unlimited validity. A curvature of rays of
light can only take place when the velocity of propagation of light
varies with position."......Today we find that since the Special
Theory of Relativity unfortunately became part of the so called
mainstream science, it is considered a sacrilege to even suggest that
the speed of light be anything other than a constant. This is somewhat
surprising since even Einstein himself suggested in a paper "On the
Influence of Gravitation on the Propagation of Light," Annalen der
Physik, 35, 1911, that the speed of light might vary with the
gravitational potential. Indeed, the variation of the speed of light
in a vacuum or space is explicitly shown in Einstein's calculation for
the angle at which light should bend upon the influence of gravity.
One can find his calculation in his paper. The result is c'=c(1+V/c^2)
where V is the gravitational potential relative to the point where the
measurement is taken. 1+V/c^2 is also known as the GRAVITATIONAL
REDSHIFT FACTOR."

Pentcho Valev