In case I vanish

Old February 18th 05, 10:49 PM
Pat Flannery

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Instead, would Monsieur perhaps care for a wafer thin mint? ;-)

Good luck, Patrick old son. Take care of your leg and get better!

Well, we're going to wait the weekend and see if it falls off or
something; does anyone have a spare parrot and eyepatch, me hearties? I
can supply the black spot; in fact, I can supply around six black spots
at the moment.

Pat
Old February 18th 05, 10:53 PM
Pat Flannery

Chuck Stewart wrote:

Ack!

Well, I think I just found the parrot.... ;-)

Pat
Old February 18th 05, 11:00 PM
Pat Flannery

Peter Smith wrote:

If we don't hear from you soon, we'll send three kangaroos, a few badgers
and a meadowlark to get you back here pronto!

Remind me to send you the "Pink Pigeon" joke about Devil's Lake
sometime; I'm not going to post it here for fear of offending the entire
Fort Totten Reservation. Then there's the one about the outhouse.

Pat
Old February 18th 05, 11:15 PM
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:

Best of luck and get well soon.

However, knowing your sense of humour, I think the hospital staff will want
you out of there as fast as possible!

Oh, they liked me the last time; I'm cute and personality-filled, even
when in extreme agony*. Lots of their patients are personality-filled;
but it's a bad personality.
As the doctor approaches with the glass-bodied syringe with the
stainless steel finger rings and three-inch long needle on it for the
Novocain injection prior to my vasectomy, I said: "No, you don't have to
do that! They're landing at Normandy on June sixth!"

* Like now, for instance.

Pat
Old February 18th 05, 11:34 PM
Christopher M. Jones

Pat Flannery wrote:
I've developed a really severe infection in my lower right leg, so if
you don't hear from me for a while it will be because I might well be
heading for the hospital- hopefully, this doesn't end up being the "one
sock too many" scenario out of Monty Python's "The Meaning Of Life"

Get well soon. And don't forget to always look on the
bright side of life.
Old February 19th 05, 01:50 AM
Neil Gerace

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
I've developed a really severe infection in my lower right leg,

How many right legs do you have?

so if you don't hear from me for a while it will be because I might well
be heading for the hospital- hopefully, this doesn't end up being the "one
sock too many" scenario out of Monty Python's "The Meaning Of Life"

Aw, best of British luck, comrade

Old February 19th 05, 01:52 AM
Neil Gerace

"Peter Smith" wrote in message

and a meadowlark to get you back here pronto!

"African or European?"

Old February 19th 05, 02:27 AM
Tim K.

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
I've developed a really severe infection in my lower right leg, so if
you don't hear from me for a while it will be because I might well be
heading for the hospital- hopefully, this doesn't end up being the "one
sock too many" scenario out of Monty Python's "The Meaning Of Life"

Pat

Best of luck - get better soon!

Old February 19th 05, 02:43 AM
Peter Stickney

Pat Flannery writes:
I've developed a really severe infection in my lower right leg, so if
you don't hear from me for a while it will be because I might well be
heading for the hospital- hopefully, this doesn't end up being the "one
sock too many" scenario out of Monty Python's "The Meaning Of Life"

Cripes, Pat!
Be careful out there. In order to keep the Firewomen placated,
I'll sacrifice a Squid, (Breaded, Deep-Fried & in Marinara Sauce - the
Food of the Elder Gods)
and I'll see if I can get Milla Jovovitch to act as your nurse.

Seriously though - Listen to the Doctor, and take _all_ the Germ
Killers. Some of that stuff can sticj around, and return later -
evolved into a Better Faster Smarter Bug.

--
Pete Stickney

Without data, all you have are opinions
Old February 19th 05, 03:29 AM
Peter Smith

Peter Smith wrote:

If we don't hear from you soon, we'll send three kangaroos,
a few badgers and a meadowlark to get you back here pronto!

Remind me to send you the "Pink Pigeon" joke about Devil's
Lake sometime; I'm not going to post it here for fear of
offending the entire Fort Totten Reservation.

Incoming at Port 110 SIR!

Then there's the one about the outhouse.

You know, I'll be disappointed if that one doesn't involve a redback like
all good Aussie dunny stories

- Peter