SMART-1

Old December 13th 03, 05:59 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

Default SMART-1

I've asked this before, but has anyone seen SMART-1 yet?
Heavens Above is now posting predictions for it, and it's apparently
visible for nearly four hours tomorrow morning from my location
(lat=51.316 long=-0.558, starts 0254, maximum altitude 17 degrees at
0520, ends 0646) It doesn't quote a magnitude.
Unfortunately that's for epoch 18 Nov so it's probably wrong - Ron
Baalke has posted elements for 24 Nov but I'm not certain how to use
them.
--
Rabbit arithmetic - 1 plus 1 equals 10
Old December 14th 03, 12:05 AM
itsfon

I've asked this before, but has anyone seen SMART-1 yet?

what kind of satelite is smart one?
steve(vote for me2020!)
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/whyweig...mtbrand=AOL_US
"music is like this porthole into another world... the world of truth."- trey
Stick it to the man in 2004, Jenna Jameson! (and Ralph Nader, they got po

Old December 14th 03, 08:44 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , itsfon
writes
I've asked this before, but has anyone seen SMART-1 yet?

what kind of satelite is smart one?

It's the European Moon probe, being driven by an ion engine.
Because it's constantly under thrust the elements are only approximate,
but I'm hoping they are good for a day or so. It's currently in a 4,741
x 40,535 km orbit, but I'm hoping that the solar panels will make it
visible in a telescope.
--
Rabbit arithmetic - 1 plus 1 equals 10

Old December 15th 03, 03:33 PM
itsfon

It's the European Moon probe, being driven by an ion engine.

does nasa even bother with this new thrust ideas, or are we stuck with jet
propulsion?

Old December 15th 03, 04:50 PM
Andrew Gray

NASA was a pioneer with it - http://nmp.jpl.nasa.gov/ds1/

--
-Andrew Gray

Old December 15th 03, 04:50 PM
Andrew Gray

In article , itsfon wrote:
It's the European Moon probe, being driven by an ion engine.

does nasa even bother with this new thrust ideas, or are we stuck with jet
propulsion?

NASA was a pioneer with it - http://nmp.jpl.nasa.gov/ds1/

--
-Andrew Gray

JimO does TV later today JimO Space Station 28 July 9th 04 04:16 PM
JimO does TV later today JimO Policy 28 July 9th 04 04:16 PM
How smart are SETI@homers? Andrew Nowicki Policy 212 June 3rd 04 01:02 AM
President Bush / Astro - Relevant Amateur Astronomy 28 September 18th 03 10:11 PM
NASA I know about your wired humans and how really smart they are Raoul Ortega Space Station 0 August 21st 03 02:21 AM