All-American Boys by Walt Cunningham

Old July 28th 03, 05:49 AM
OM

Default All-American Boys by Walt Cunningham

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 19:27:08 -0700, Eddie Valiant
wrote:

I don't know if this has been posted before but I just picked up a
revised edition [released July 1, 2003 ] of this title at the local
Barnes and Noble. You can check out Amazon.com for more information.

....Ok, so what's "revised" about it?

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old July 28th 03, 11:34 AM
Scott Hedrick

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
...Ok, so what's "revised" about it?

It's been a few years since the original release- I'd say the price.
--
If you have had problems with Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC),
please contact shredder at bellsouth dot net. There may be a class-action

Old July 28th 03, 01:44 PM
Robert Pearlman

OM om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote in message . ..

...Ok, so what's "revised" about it?

The updated/amended chapters incorporate Cunningham's views on the
deterioration of the Russian space program as well as the George
Abbey-era at Johnson Space Center.

The new edition includes an update of recent NASA programs, the
Shuttle-Mir and the International Space Station.*It also includes
commentary on the Columbia accident and Cunningham's suggestions on
what it will take to help get NASA back on track.

--
Robert Pearlman
editor, collectSPACE

Incidentally, we have autographed copies available for the cover
price:
http://www.collectspace.com/buyspace...llamericanboys
Old July 28th 03, 09:11 PM

Robert Pearlman wrote on 28 Jul 2003 05:44:30 -0700:
:RP OM om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote in message . ..

...Ok, so what's "revised" about it?

:RP The updated/amended chapters incorporate Cunningham's views on the
:RP deterioration of the Russian space program as well as the George
:RP Abbey-era at Johnson Space Center.

I'll look forward to hearing what Walt has to say about the Soviet/Russian
space program today. He was very negative about US/Soviet cooperation in
space in his book, worrying that we were giving away the store since
Apollo was so far ahead of Soyuz.

Given that we are no longer enemies with the Russians, I'm curious what
he thinks of the current US/Russian cooperation.

:RP The new edition includes an update of recent NASA programs, the
:RP Shuttle-Mir and the International Space Station.*It also includes
:RP commentary on the Columbia accident and Cunningham's suggestions on
:RP what it will take to help get NASA back on track.

I'm sure he has some excellent ideas on how things could be improved,
and I'm sure he will be quite critical of how things have gone since
his days in the program. In fact, I would almost expect him to be
too critical of the current NASA, though they do perhaps deserve much
of the criticism.

Jim.

Jim Scotti
Lunar & Planetary Laboratory
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721 USA http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/
Old July 30th 03, 03:50 AM
Toe Tag

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:49:40 -0600, in sci.space.history, OM

wrote:

I don't know if this has been posted before but I just picked up a
revised edition [released July 1, 2003 ] of this title at the local
Barnes and Noble. You can check out Amazon.com for more information.

...Ok, so what's "revised" about it?

OM

No photos.

No Moon, Mars, or Space in the State of the Union Speech [was Audio of Bush's Speech] GCGassaway Space Shuttle 1 January 22nd 04 12:22 PM
NASA Participates In American Astronautical Society Conference Ron Baalke Space Shuttle 1 November 17th 03 08:18 PM
First Native American Spacewalker Speaks At Special Program Ron Baalke Space Shuttle 0 November 12th 03 04:11 PM
REMEMBER SAM Space Shuttle 6 November 8th 03 02:38 AM
Shuttle dumped within 5 years Ultimate Buu Policy 220 October 5th 03 03:50 AM