Charles Bolden Nominated as NASA Administrator

Old May 24th 09, 04:47 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default Charles Bolden Nominated as NASA Administrator

Mark R. Whittington wrote:
According to Florida Today retired Marine General and former astronaut
Charles Bolden has been nominated for the post of NASA Administrator
by President Barack Obama. Bolden will replace Mike Griffin, who
resigned in January.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art....htm l?cat=58

Let's face it, on paper this guy's qualifications look around as
impressive as James T. Kirk's.
And even the name's right... "Bolden".
"Who's going to lead the rescue mission to the ISS?"
"Commander Bolden is."
"But they haven't launched a Shuttle in over two years...and he hasn't
flown in a lot longer than that."
"That won't stop him..._just watch_."
"Which of you maggots just said I wasn't up to spec for flying a Shuttle
mission?"
"_He_ said it Commander Bolden, _he_ said it!"
"When I get get back, we'll discuss that son...we'll discuss that _The
Marine Way_."
"Sir, yes sir!"
"Looks to me like you have a choice to make son...I can either tear your
fukin' smartass head off and **** down the hole then... or you can show
what sort of astronaut you _really_ are... and come along on this rescue
mission..."

Boy, those Bruckheimer movies just write themselves, don't they? :-D

Pat