Art Bell Is Back!

Old September 23rd 03, 07:21 PM
David Nakamoto

Default Art Bell Is Back!

Trust me Esmail, you really don't want to know. :-)

He used to host a radio show where he gave people with outlandish and
unsubstantiated ideas a chance to voice them on the airwaves, like Hoagland,
the Face on Mars advocate. 'nuff said.
Pinprick holes in a colorless sky
Let inspired figures of light pass by
The Mightly Light of ten thousand suns
Challenges infinity, and is soon gone

"Esmail Bonakdarian" wrote in message
Hi David,

Who is Art Bell?

Esmail

Old September 23rd 03, 07:54 PM
Christopher

On 22 Sep 2003 18:32:06 -0500, Gimme a Break wrote:

Rudolph_X wrote in news:asqbb.10537$Uv2.2394
:

Hi there!

The late night radio talk show king, Art Bell, is returning to host the
weekend editions of Coast To Coast AM!

Is Hoagland going to make an apperance on his show?

Christopher
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Kites rise highest against
the wind - not with it."
Winston Churchill
Old September 23rd 03, 08:37 PM
Bill Foley

Well, are we going to blame GW Bush for Art Bell coming back?

Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)

Old September 24th 03, 12:38 AM
Jim Shaffer, Jr.

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 05:42:47 GMT, "gmw" wrote:

Art Bell is also guilty of pushing a few dozen cultists over the edge when
he declared a comet was an alien ship. The kooks killed themselves after
listening to art's bull****.

That's bull****. Heaven's Gate was the only cult I'm aware of claiming that the
spaceship was coming to take them to another world. There were other
incoming-giant-spaceship cults at the time (and for quite a while *before*
Hale-Bopp!) but most of them claimed that the ship contained an invasion force
of carnivorous reptiles.

Old September 24th 03, 01:10 AM
VicXnews

DrPostman wrote in
:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 05:56:50 GMT, VicXnews wrote:

DrPostman wrote in
m:

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:59:20 -0700, "Chuck Taylor"
wrote:

The man believes that lighting farts can cause spontaneous human
combustion. Bell believes that nuclear testing could be the cause
of the 500 year old + El Nino cycles. Who else would superglue
their lips and then admit it on the air? Get real.

I'm not sure I'd listen to him and admit it on usenet!

;-)

I used to listen for the fun of it, but it made my brain hurt too
much. The last straw was when that caller postulated that
nuke testing in the 50's and 60's might be the cause of
El Nino. Bell said that was a good theory. I wanted
to reach through the radio and strangle him.

I listen to him when he has someone like Michio Kaku on. It is the
only show that I know of that has true scientists on. Art is a better
interviewer than the new guy. I don't listen/pay attention to the rest
of the stuff.

Kaku is great to listen to, but guys like that are very rare on that
show.

U R right but I still check the web site out just about every monday to
make sure. Not much good stuff on tv/radio.
Old September 24th 03, 02:49 AM
Rudolph_X

Jim Shaffer, Jr. wrote:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 05:42:47 GMT, "gmw" wrote:

Art Bell is also guilty of pushing a few dozen cultists over the edge when
he declared a comet was an alien ship. The kooks killed themselves after
listening to art's bull****.

That's bull****. Heaven's Gate was the only cult I'm aware of claiming that the
spaceship was coming to take them to another world. There were other
incoming-giant-spaceship cults at the time (and for quite a while *before*
Hale-Bopp!) but most of them claimed that the ship contained an invasion force
of carnivorous reptiles.

The last thing I heard about the reptilian invasion force was that they
somehow got trapped inside a 'time-warp bubble'. They, apparently, were
trying to go back in time to change evolution, to change the past, and
thereby change the present and future. I doubt it. But, if when you wake
up tomorrow morning, you look into the mirror and see the face of a
carnivorous reptile looking back at you, you'll know they succeeded!

Old September 24th 03, 05:16 AM
DrPostman

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:10:56 GMT, VicXnews wrote:

DrPostman wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Try to see if you can pick up Love Line. 10pm Pacific. It is the
funniest radio show out there.

--
Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
Member,Board of Directors of afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® member #15-51506-253.

"The services provided by Sylvia Browne Corporation are highly
speculative in nature and we do not guarantee that the results
of our work will be satisfactory to a client."
-Sylvia's Refund Policy

"No, the next step, Doktor, is that you start diagnosing illegally and
stupidly online, and get your license revoked."
-viveshwar
Old September 24th 03, 07:22 AM
David Nakamoto

"Christopher" wrote in message
On 22 Sep 2003 18:32:06 -0500, Gimme a Break wrote:

Rudolph_X wrote in news:asqbb.10537$Uv2.2394
:

The late night radio talk show king, Art Bell, is returning to host the
weekend editions of Coast To Coast AM!

Is Hoagland going to make an apperance on his show?

Oh please ! My stomach is churning now ! Barf !

Old September 24th 03, 07:23 AM
David Nakamoto

David Nakamoto wrote:

Trust me Esmail, you really don't want to know. :-)

He used to host a radio show where he gave people with outlandish and
unsubstantiated ideas a chance to voice them on the airwaves, like

Hoagland,
the Face on Mars advocate. 'nuff said.
--

Oh boy ....

Yes, be afraid . . . be V E R Y afraid ! :-)