BBC Countryfile promoting Astronomy :)

Old March 19th 10, 07:44 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
[email protected]

Default BBC Countryfile promoting Astronomy :)

Good to see this
http://www.bbccountryfilemagazine.co...rgazing-Exmoor

Shame they've forgotten other places like Keilder !
Old March 19th 10, 09:11 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Dave Liquorice[_2_]

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:44:26 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Good to see this
http://www.bbccountryfilemagazine.co...rgazing-Exmoor

Shame they've forgotten other places like Keilder !

But not Galloway Forest Park which has Dark Sky status.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old March 20th 10, 09:53 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
John[_27_]

On 19/03/2010 19:44, wrote:
Good to see this
http://www.bbccountryfilemagazine.co...rgazing-Exmoor

Shame they've forgotten other places like Keilder !

MMMM.Perhaps they can't spell either!
Sorree.Koodint risist itt!

John,(up here in Northumberland.)
Old March 21st 10, 12:08 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
[email protected]

On 20 Mar, 21:53, John wrote:
On 19/03/2010 19:44, wrote: Good to see this
http://www.bbccountryfilemagazine.co...rgazing-Exmoor

Shame they've forgotten other places like Keilder !

MMMM.Perhaps they can't spell either!
Sorree.Koodint risist itt!

John,(up here in Northumberland.)

Oh I always get things like that wrong John, comes of being Dyslexic
they tell me... I've got the Firefox English dictionary plugin, but
it's not in there...
Old March 22nd 10, 09:10 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Neil[_2_]

Hi Nick & John

As I haven't posted here for a long time I'll use this as an excuse to do
so.

MMMM.Perhaps they can't spell either!
Sorree.Koodint risist itt!

John,(up here in Northumberland.)

Oh I always get things like that wrong John, comes of being Dyslexic
they tell me...

Being Dyslexic myself I tell people that 'it's an un-imaginative mind that
only knows one way to spell a word'

Neil

Old March 22nd 10, 06:19 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
John[_27_]

On 22/03/2010 09:10, Neil wrote:
Hi Nick& John

As I haven't posted here for a long time I'll use this as an excuse to do
so.

MMMM.Perhaps they can't spell either!
Sorree.Koodint risist itt!

John,(up here in Northumberland.)

Oh I always get things like that wrong John, comes of being Dyslexic
they tell me...

Being Dyslexic myself I tell people that 'it's an un-imaginative mind that
only knows one way to spell a word'

Neil

Kielder/Keilder is quite common. You'd be surprised how often even local
advertisers get it wrong. It just so happens that my family have been
visiting the area since before the reservoir was built so the name is
more or less burned in the memory!
(Yes, I have a beard down to my knees.)

Cheers,
John.
Old March 24th 10, 06:35 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
[email protected]

On 22 Mar, 09:10, "Neil" wrote:
Hi Nick & John

As I haven't posted here for a long time I'll use this as an excuse to do
so.

MMMM.Perhaps they can't spell either!
Sorree.Koodint risist itt!

John,(up here in Northumberland.)

Oh I always get things like that wrong John, comes of being Dyslexic
they tell me...

Being Dyslexic myself I tell people that 'it's an un-imaginative mind that
only knows one way to spell a word'

Neil

I like that one Neil, there's a lot of sayings about that I'd love to
remember but that's another of my problems, only one brain cell and
it's not memory just a very old processor so I don't remember all
sorts of important/useful things and get distracted very easily