Conjunction in evening sky

Old February 4th 07, 08:03 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Pierre

Default Conjunction in evening sky

As was pointed out on Friday at our society meeting in Milton Keynes,
there are goings-on in the Southwest at twilight and just before
dark.
Venus, Mercury and Uranus are close together.
Last night (3 Feb), Mercury and Uranus were equidistant from Venus,
Mercury being lowest and Uranus highest. Mercury and Venus were
visible to the naked-eyeand in twilight but Uranus required binoculars
(7x50)and I had to wait for the twilight to subdue to spot it. Uranus
looked quite bright at mag +6.1 but then the sky conditions were
exceptional.
Tonight (4 Feb), the distance between Venus and Mercury had almost
doubled and Venus was a little bit closer to Uranus. The horizon was
hazy and I struggled to find Uranus in binoculars as there were some
slow moving bands of haze in the area. I finally fixed it with a bit
of patience.
I feel that the conjunction between Venus and Uranus is watchable with
a clear horizon but it depends now on the weather on the 7th.
Pierre MK-UK

Old February 5th 07, 04:12 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
oriel36

On Feb 4, 9:03 pm, "Pierre" wrote:
[...]

These are all geocentric luxuries making no attempt to distinguish the
inner Venus and
Mercury from the outer orbital path of Uranus.

Western society has little feel for astronomy and the motions of the
Earth and especially in relevent areas such as climatology.Standing
between the magnificent and powerful modern imaging and its productive
and appreciate applications are you and your celestial sphere
colleagues..

Poor people always pay for the excesses of pretensious people,in this
case the careless efforts of late 17th century guys who vandalised so
much for so little returns.That most people actually do try to
consider the incredible and rapid change in climate and recognise
certain actions must be taken is remarkable insofar as they have
nothing to go on from an astronomical appreciation or rather they are
still chained to the seasonal explanation through the pseudo-dynamic
of a variable tilting Earth which keeps everything pinned to celestial
sphere geometry.

So what of your conjunctions or your transits ?,you could easily
render these things into heliocentric considerations with a little
effort and that is the unfortunate part.

Old February 5th 07, 05:55 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Pierre

On 5 Feb, 16:12, "oriel36" wrote:
On Feb 4, 9:03 pm, "Pierre" wrote:

[...]

effort and that is the unfortunate part.- Hide quoted text -

Hey, troll, this is only an observation. I'm going to argue against
the meanderings of your twisted mind.
Just back off and stay out of my thread

Old February 5th 07, 07:17 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
oriel36

On Feb 5, 6:55 pm, "Pierre" wrote:
On 5 Feb, 16:12, "oriel36" wrote:

On Feb 4, 9:03 pm, "Pierre" wrote:

[...]

Just back off and stay out of my thread- Hide quoted text -

It is a public forum so put forward a geocentric observation in
respect to the planets and wrapped up in celestial sphere geometry and
I expect a heliocentric equivalent explanation.

You have no intutive sense for the Earth's motions hence your
feebleminded adherence to 'conjunctions' without any real
astronomical qualification.