Metals Head for the Sky!

Old May 10th 06, 11:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Default Metals Head for the Sky!

Double-A Metal money only weighs my pants down. Paper money is
better,but plastic is the way to go. Use your debit card for every day
and credit on trips. The reason plastic is so much better is it keeps
your books for you;. Cash money is on the way out. Bert

Old May 11th 06, 12:04 AM posted to alt.astronomy

Could say the same about you, BEERTbrain!

Saul Levy

Old May 11th 06, 06:32 AM posted to alt.astronomy

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Double-A Metal money only weighs my pants down. Paper money is
better,but plastic is the way to go. Use your debit card for every day
and credit on trips. The reason plastic is so much better is it keeps
your books for you;. Cash money is on the way out. Bert

What are you going to do when all that plastic melts down, Bert? I
keep thinking about that pile of 20,000 mark German notes that I have
from the 1920's that don't even have enough value left in them to buy a
cup of coffee! If there is a financial collapse, and it's coming, the
only thing you will have left that will be of any value will be
whatever gold you have weighting down your pants. This is the first
time in history that plastic money has been tried, and nothing ever
works right the first time!

China has decided to increase their gold reserves.

They know!

Double-A

Old May 11th 06, 02:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Double-A True China never parted with one ounce of gold in its history.
They invented paper money. They invented paper. Yes having gold in my
pockets would mean I would have to wear both belt and suspenders.
Reality is you have to pay to have your gold stored. In LA there was
this guy "Saxon" if you gave him big money he then gave you a
certificate,and claimed your silver and gold was placed in an old mine
in Colorado,and well guarded. Turned out he spent your money,and was
just a con man. He ended up committing suicide. Gold in reality has
little use. Uranium is heavier,and creates energy. I like
diamonds,and rubies the best Bert

Old May 11th 06, 07:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Double-A True China never parted with one ounce of gold in its history.

Now China and India (another gold loving people) are going to be
drilling for oil only 50 miles off your Florida coast in conjunction
with Cuba. American oil companies are prohibited by our government
from drilling there! Maybe they'll get shoreleave to visit Wal-Mart.

They invented paper money. They invented paper.

Paper money was invented as an excuse to keep all the gold backing it
in the national reserves. Today's money has nothing backing it!

Yes having gold in my
pockets would mean I would have to wear both belt and suspenders.
Reality is you have to pay to have your gold stored. In LA there was
this guy "Saxon" if you gave him big money he then gave you a
certificate,and claimed your silver and gold was placed in an old mine
in Colorado,and well guarded. Turned out he spent your money,and was
just a con man. He ended up committing suicide.

There was a gold/silver/coins store here that got in trouble back in
1980 when metals prices soared, because they didn't have on hand all
the gold they said they were storing for people, and buying the gold to
replace it when people demanded their gold, drove them into bankruptcy
protection! But did you know that that is how banking began? As you
well know, banks don't keep all the money you deposit on hand either.
That's why they are so afraid of runs on the bank!

Gold in reality has
little use. Uranium is heavier,and creates energy. I like
diamonds,and rubies the best Bert

Gold bars make good doorstops, and flashy paperweights!

Double-A

Old May 12th 06, 12:30 AM posted to alt.astronomy

Double-A The market fell 140 points today,so your prediction to buy
gold was right on the money. That silver smith that lived in Salem mass
Paul Revere was so trusted people gave him their silver and gold. He
gave them a paper with their weight and signed it. You could use this as
paper money. It might have been the very first paper money. Bert

Old May 12th 06, 01:26 AM posted to alt.astronomy

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Double-A The market fell 140 points today,so your prediction to buy
gold was right on the money.

Yes, gold hit a 26-year high today of $726/oz before falling back to
close at $716/oz.

That silver smith that lived in Salem mass
Paul Revere was so trusted people gave him their silver and gold. He
gave them a paper with their weight and signed it. You could use this as
paper money. It might have been the very first paper money. Bert

Yes, as I said, that's how banking got started. They would also use
some of the gold to make other investments, just as banks do today with
your deposited money.

Metals are up, oil is up, the Fed rate is up, and everybody is talking
"inflation"!

A lot of people have been suckered into those adjustable rate
mortgages. If interest rates continue to climb, their payments are
going to soar! The effect of the potential default rate on the banks
could make the S&L scandals of the 80's pale in comparison. Most of
the economic safeguards that were put in place in the 1930's to avoid
another financial collapse have been repealed. You still can't buy
stocks on a 10% margin, but today people buy stocks on credit cards!

The economy is a house of cards, Bert. Only your bullion gives you
security!

Double-A

Old May 12th 06, 01:46 AM posted to alt.astronomy

I thought you said the Chinese invented paper money, BEERTbrain!
You're getting delusional!

Saul Levy

Old May 12th 06, 02:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Double-A Working for myself all my life(never had job) I could move in
the right directions. When times are good in construction you could
sell every one. When a recession hit you had to go into the affluent
areas to do your selling. People with big money are harder to sell,
Their mansions seem to have every thing,but I could always find some
thing it did not have,and that is part of my success. I sold the Forbes
of Ma,and they were its richest family,and some very rich people are
very nice Gates is a nice person,and if I went to his mansion I know I
could add something to his home that he and his wife would like. I like
taking money from the rich. I was never a saver,but when times were
good I made more money than I could spend. Bert