Good-news, bad-news; 10th planet, protomoon or dead Earth

Old August 14th 05, 05:15 AM
Alain Fournier

Default Good-news, bad-news; 10th planet, protomoon or dead Earth

Scott Hedrick wrote:
"Cardman" wrote in message
news
And so who neighbours Canada?

Why, Canada is *everyone's* neighbor!

No Canada has two or three neighbors. Two or three because it depends
on how the dispute about Hans Island is sorted out. If it is declared
to be at least in part canadian then we share a border with Denmark.
Anyway, Canada fought for the liberty of Denmark during WW II and the
Danes are grateful for that and can be considered to be friendly to us,
so Canada does not need to fear anything from Denmark.

The other lesser known neighbor of Canada is France with whom we
share a few km of maritime border thanks to their St-Pierre et Miquelon
islands just south of Newfoundland. France too is grateful for us
fighting for their liberty in WW II and in their case also WW I.
So France is also friendly to Canada.

The third neighbor to Canada is the US. The US also has been attacked
and like the Danes and the French, they also asked for Canada to go
and fight for them. As we did for the French and the Danes in Europe,
we sent troops to fight for our third neighbor but this time in
Afghanistan. Unfortunately, this neighbor is not grateful for us
fighting for them, they bicker at us for not sending troops also to
Iraq and they refuse to give us back our $5 billion in illegal
tariffs they imposed on our softwood lumber etc. Nonetheless, I think
that this neighbor is also very unlikely to attack Canada militarily.

As for other countries which aren't neighbors to Canada, I think
it is extremely unlikely that they would launch a military attack
on Canada.

As soon as the Islamists who bomb TV stations for broadcasting US programs
realize that they *really* come from Canada

[snip]

Yes, that is where the real threat is. Not from neighboring or non-
neighboring countries but from organizations such as Al Qaeda. It is
quite likely that Al Qaeda will somehow attack Canada. After all
we are actively fighting them in Afghanistan. If we weren't fighting
them it would be less likely that they would attack us but the
overwhelming majority of Canadians still think that it is worth to
fight Al Qaeda even if it does increase our risk of being attacked.
What wouldn't we do for our friends in the US.

Alain Fournier

Old August 14th 05, 06:09 AM
Scott Lowther

Alain Fournier wrote:

Anyway, Canada fought for the liberty of Denmark during WW II and the
Danes are grateful for that and can be considered to be friendly to us,

Bah! That's a load of Right Wing Noise Machine claptrap! It was a war
for oil! Your leaders lied to you!

--
"The only thing that galls me about someone burning the American flag is how unoriginal it is. I mean if you're going to pull the Freedom-of-speech card, don't be a hack, come up with something interesting. Fashion Old Glory into a wisecracking puppet and blister the system with a scathing ventriloquism act, or better yet, drape the flag over your head and desecrate it with a large caliber bullet hole." Dennis Miller
Old August 14th 05, 11:07 AM
Cardman

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:15:50 -0400, Alain Fournier
wrote:

No Canada has two or three neighbors. Two or three because it depends
on how the dispute about Hans Island is sorted out. If it is declared
to be at least in part canadian then we share a border with Denmark.
Anyway, Canada fought for the liberty of Denmark during WW II and the
Danes are grateful for that and can be considered to be friendly to us,
so Canada does not need to fear anything from Denmark.

It would take quite a mind jump to even think about them trying, but
indeed the Danes and Canadians get along well.

The other lesser known neighbor of Canada is France with whom we
share a few km of maritime border thanks to their St-Pierre et Miquelon
islands just south of Newfoundland. France too is grateful for us
fighting for their liberty in WW II and in their case also WW I.
So France is also friendly to Canada.

True.

The third neighbor to Canada is the US. The US also has been attacked
and like the Danes and the French, they also asked for Canada to go
and fight for them. As we did for the French and the Danes in Europe,
we sent troops to fight for our third neighbor but this time in
Afghanistan. Unfortunately, this neighbor is not grateful for us
fighting for them, they bicker at us for not sending troops also to
Iraq and they refuse to give us back our $5 billion in illegal
tariffs they imposed on our softwood lumber etc.

Yes, the US is like that. You do something nice for them, where it
takes great effort in having them do something nice for you in return.

Like how our PM Blair suffered the greatest Commons defeat within the
entire history of the Commons, over his support for War in Iraq. And
had he not been an otherwise good leader, then this great blunder
would have cost him his job.

So he sure as hell cannot support Bush in the invasion of another
country, when no one would support him. And it would certainly cost
him his job should he try.

And so how does Bush reward Blair for his loyalty in a situation that
almost got him fired? Blair went to the Whitehouse and asked for Bush
to do a few things, including to tackle his country's pollution. Like
usual he was ignored.

This is one reason why us British are now more distant from the US
than at any time in the recent past. We simply now prefer to work more
closely with the EU, Russia, and China.

Nonetheless, I think that this neighbor is also very unlikely to attack
Canada militarily.

Under Bush's leadership I would give that about 20% odds. With Bush it
all depends on what he can get away with. A unified North America has
a nice sound to it.

As for other countries which aren't neighbors to Canada, I think
it is extremely unlikely that they would launch a military attack
on Canada.

And this explains why any Canadian funding on Bush's defense shield
plan would be a waste of time and money. Simply no one would think
about launching missiles on Canada.

As soon as the Islamists who bomb TV stations for broadcasting US programs
realize that they *really* come from Canada

[snip]

Yes, that is where the real threat is. Not from neighboring or non-
neighboring countries but from organizations such as Al Qaeda. It is
quite likely that Al Qaeda will somehow attack Canada. After all
we are actively fighting them in Afghanistan.

Yes, that is possible.

So how many intercontinental missiles does Al Qaeda have? I am quite
certainly that this number is zero, when they simply do not fight this
way.

If you ask yourself just who is Bush planning to get a missile attack
from, then the only answer seems to be China. After all had it been
the more threatening North Korea, then they would only need a small
system to cover that one area.

And so it seems quite interesting how Bush is planning for a War
against China. Should his defense shield have any use that is. I guess
this is just the US fearing that one day in the near future China will
be a more powerful country than them.

That fact would affect the balance of world power, when now the US
cannot boss around smaller countries so easily. As they can instead
just fall under Chinese support instead.

So in order for the US to enforce their holy golden democracy and
freedom on the planet, then it seems like they will have to engage in
open warfare.

If we weren't fighting
them it would be less likely that they would attack us but the
overwhelming majority of Canadians still think that it is worth to
fight Al Qaeda even if it does increase our risk of being attacked.

Just like London has since been bombed, with over 50 people dead. That
is the price of our support for Bush.

What wouldn't we do for our friends in the US.

Then just like in the case of us British you must be wondering about
who else you can align with who provides better leadership and
suitable thanks for your sacrifices.

Unfortunately, for you, there is the geography problem. Your closest
neighbour being a rampant uncontrollable beast and all that.

Cardman.
Old August 19th 05, 01:38 AM
John Savard

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:07:12 GMT, Cardman wrote, in
part:

Yes, the US is like that. You do something nice for them, where it
takes great effort in having them do something nice for you in return.

The U.S. may not be perfect, but it certainly has China - and even
today's Russia - beat.

And for that matter, France is the neighbor of Canada that drove the
Atlantic cod fishery to extinction (as someone noted, the Soviets put it
in a precarious state in the first place), and the one that planted a
bomb which exploded lethally aboard a Canadian-owned vessel in New
Zealand, and which tries to promote a secesssionist movement in
Quebec...

If Canada has _real_ problems with any of its neighbors, it isn't the
U.S.. Now, given the size and importance of the U.S., and the much
larger border at which the two countries come into contact, *little*
problems with the U.S. may take on more importance than *real* problems
with a country with which we do not interact as much, but do not be
confused.

John Savard
http://www.quadibloc.com/index.html
Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old August 19th 05, 02:41 AM
Alain Fournier

John Savard wrote:

The U.S. may not be perfect, but it certainly has China - and even
today's Russia - beat.

And for that matter, France is the neighbor of Canada that drove the
Atlantic cod fishery to extinction (as someone noted, the Soviets put it
in a precarious state in the first place),

You are mixing up France and Spain here, note that France sided with
Canada against Spain in that dispute.

If Canada has _real_ problems with any of its neighbors, it isn't the
U.S.. Now, given the size and importance of the U.S., and the much
larger border at which the two countries come into contact, *little*
problems with the U.S. may take on more importance than *real* problems
with a country with which we do not interact as much, but do not be
confused.

Little problems? They owe us $5G after loosing the softwood lumber
dispute and they refuse to give it back. That is about $150 for every
Canadian. And that isn't an isolated event, it is their way of doing
business. They sent Maher Arar, a Canadian citizen to Syria,
where they knew or should of known that it was likely that he
would be tortured. They do not recognize our sovereignty over
the Machias Seal Island (on the east coast) they dispute our
maritime boundary in the Strait of Juan de Fuca (on the west
coast) and dispute our sovereignty over lots of passage ways
in the Arctic ocean.

Yes we consider them to be a friendly nation. But we do have
real problems with them.

Alain Fournier

Old August 19th 05, 11:08 PM
Brad Guth

Alain Fournier,
Right you are about those damn Canadians that aren't nearly bigoted
enough as to suit our taste for the amounts of collateral damage and
bloody carnage of the innocent, and that of the Muslim oil which we're
stealing at $1/barrel.
~

In spite of the ongoing orchestrated status quo, it seems there's been
other life upon Venus
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-town.htm
Russian/China LSE-CM/ISS (Lunar Space Elevator) as interactive within
the ME-L1/EM-L2 sweet-spot
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/lunar-space-elevator.htm
Of things Sirius, proto-moons, Venus, Earthly ETs & somewhat testy
topics by; Brad Guth / GASA-IEIS
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-topics.htm
China and Brad Guth seem perfectly eye to eye, as well as do the Muslim
parts of this world that are not backing down anytime soon.