S@H downtime

Old March 3rd 05, 02:04 PM
Victor

Default S@H downtime

I am running out of spare units to process - manual queue size is 20.
Soon my PC will be idle for the first time in years.

--
25° 45' S
28° 12' E

Join the Planetary Society, primary sponsor of SETI@HOME
http://www.planetary.org

Old March 3rd 05, 03:29 PM
Alfred A. Aburto Jr.

They'll be up soon I think ... they'll shut down at 01:00UTC though ...
I've had good luck uploading & downloading right before 01:00UTC (an
hour or so).
Al

Old March 3rd 05, 04:28 PM
John

In article , Victor
writes
I am running out of spare units to process - manual queue size is 20.
Soon my PC will be idle for the first time in years.

If the pattern of the last 2 days is repeated, then ...

1. When it is circa 5.00 pm UTC (9.00 am Berkeley time) the Data
Server is back on line but dropping connections (Being hammered
by all the users with results to send and WU to d/l).
2. About midnight UK time (UTC) the Data Server seems to run as
normal, and copes with all demands.

When midnight UK comes around today set your caches higher, and you will
collect new WUs as always. Assuming you use SETI Driver for the cache,
then just turn off automatic transmit, or the same if you use SETIQueue
as a proxy for a farm.

--
John Clark