...Hurricane Dean... Third Strongest Ever Recorded...

Old August 23rd 07, 02:36 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,alt.global-warming,alt.politics,uk.sci.weather
Talk-n-Dog[_3_]

Default ...Hurricane Dean... Third Strongest Ever Recorded...

spammer wrote:
It rained a little where I live yesterday. Must be global warming.

GW caused it to be sunny here, I'm thinking it'll cause it to be dark too.

--
http://OutSourcedNews.com
Our constitution protects criminals, drunks and U.S. Senators. Which at

The problem with the global warming theory, is that a theory is like a
bowl of ice-cream, it only takes a little dab of bull**** to ruin the
whole thing. - Gump That -
Old August 23rd 07, 02:50 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,alt.global-warming,alt.politics,uk.sci.weather
Jonathan

"Tudor Hughes" wrote in message
ups.com...

I don't see how one could deduce Global Warming, or any
other type of climate change, from those data. The minimum pressure,
if accurately known, would be a better measure than pressure at
landfall which is somewhat arbitrary. It also assumes a
straightforward relationship between the numbers of hurricanes and
their intensity and sea and air temperatures whereas there are other
very important factors to be considered.

The point is that this is another near all time record storm.
And during the last few years most of the all time records
have been smashed. And what is troubling is that the
primary driver of hurricanes, ocean temps, have only
risen about half a degree centigrade while intense storms
have doubled. This is a far stronger increase in intensity
than predicted given the change in temps.

So, when the ocean temps rise another 3 or 4 degrees
as is possible in the next decades? What will the storms
be like then? The facts can be argued over till we're blue
in the face, but the overall trends are clear and very
ominous imho. We live in a non linear world. A very
small change in initial conditions can result in
massive effects.

Global warming cause of intense hurricanes?
NBC News
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9429241/

Since the late seventies, global air temps started climbing.
http://www.ecobridge.org/content/g_evd.htm#graph

While in the late seventies, the annual rate of co2 level
increase jumped by some 50% over the previous 25 years.
http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/ftp/trends/co2/maunaloa.co2

Which is accompanied by rising ocean temps during the
same period of time.
http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories/s399.htm

Followed by the increased storm intensity we're experiencing
now.

The charts all show something dramatic changed in the late
seventies to early eighties. And what has changed is the
annual rate of increase of co2, it's /doubled/ in that time.

Tudor Hughes, Warlingham, Surrey.

Old August 23rd 07, 02:57 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,alt.global-warming,alt.politics,uk.sci.weather
Jonathan

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message

In other words, in geological terms, you have very limited experience.

Huh! Are you losing your mind?

Old August 23rd 07, 03:07 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,alt.global-warming,alt.politics,uk.sci.weather
Jonathan

"spammer" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Aug 22, 8:48 pm, "Jonathan" wrote:
" On the contrary. My workplace was destroyed by
Andrew. The eye of Katrina went right over my house
and I got some of the strongest winds of Wilma.
Those three are among the top of most of the extreme
lists. I've had to drive home from work in a category one.
And have lost count of the near-misses I've
watched spin by. The dade/broward county line
is best place on earth to experience hurricanes.
It's why the NHC is here, they picked the very
center of the historical paths.-

One would think you would get "out of the bullseye". Even animals
know when to move. Oh, I guess you want the government to do something
so you don't have to.

My place can take 120 knots without a worry. In south florida
all the new buildings are like little bunkers now.

Old August 23rd 07, 03:11 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,alt.global-warming,alt.politics,uk.sci.weather
Jonathan

"Talk-n-Dog" wrote in message
spammer wrote:
It rained a little where I live yesterday. Must be global warming.

GW caused it to be sunny here, I'm thinking it'll cause it to be dark too.

--
http://OutSourcedNews.com
Our constitution protects criminals, drunks and U.S. Senators. Which at
times are, one and the same...

The problem with the global warming theory, is that a theory is like a
bowl of ice-cream, it only takes a little dab of bull**** to ruin the
whole thing. - Gump That -

And the trouble with waiting for certainty is that once the facts
are clear, it's too late. At least with this subject.

Old August 23rd 07, 03:12 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,alt.global-warming,alt.politics,uk.sci.weather
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:57:32 -0400, in a place far, far away,
"Jonathan" made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message

In other words, in geological terms, you have very limited experience.

Huh! Are you losing your mind?

No, not at all. Are you unfamiliar with the word "geological"? Or
"terms"? Or "limited," or "experience"?

Just what is your mental problem that causes you to fantasize that
others are losing their minds?
Old August 23rd 07, 03:18 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,alt.global-warming,alt.politics,uk.sci.weather
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

On Aug 23, 12:47 am, "Jonathan" wrote:
Just another global warming 'anecdote' that seems to happen
all too regularly these days.

Just like New York's 59 degrees- in August.

Old August 23rd 07, 03:21 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,alt.global-warming,alt.politics,uk.sci.weather
Jonathan

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:57:32 -0400, in a place far, far away,
"Jonathan" made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message

In other words, in geological terms, you have very limited experience.

Huh! Are you losing your mind?

No, not at all. Are you unfamiliar with the word "geological"? Or
"terms"? Or "limited," or "experience"?

Just what is your mental problem that causes you to fantasize that
others are losing their minds?

Well, I mean, the use of geological seems rather odd in this
conversation. If you mean in the sense of geologic time, then
I will admit my personal experiences with hurricanes do not

If you mean geological as in the exact geographical location
of my house, then it makes even less sense. As I live
in the center of hurricane alley so to speak.

So again ....huh? Please explain how my experiences with
hurricanes is limited by "geological terms".

Or admit you're losing it~

Old August 23rd 07, 03:24 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,alt.global-warming,alt.politics
kT

Scott Hedrick wrote:

On Aug 23, 12:47 am, "Jonathan" wrote:
Just another global warming 'anecdote' that seems to happen
all too regularly these days.

Just like New York's 59 degrees- in August.

Things like that are bound to happen with huge amounts of fresh water
ice melt entering into the North Atlantic basin from above, disrupting
well established salinity and temperature profiles and fluctuations.

I mean really, what the **** do you expect to happen when a planet's
atmospheric carbon dioxide budget is spiked well beyond any recent
chronological fluctuations, and still rising at a precipitous rate.

--
Get A Free Orbiter Space Flight Simulator :
http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html
Old August 23rd 07, 03:52 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,alt.global-warming,alt.politics
[email protected]

On Aug 22, 10:24 pm, kT wrote:
Scott Hedrick wrote:
On Aug 23, 12:47 am, "Jonathan" wrote:
Just another global warming 'anecdote' that seems to happen
all too regularly these days.

Just like New York's 59 degrees- in August.

Things like that are bound to happen with huge amounts of fresh water
ice melt entering into the North Atlantic basin from above, disrupting
well established salinity and temperature profiles and fluctuations.

I mean really, what the **** do you expect to happen when a planet's
atmospheric carbon dioxide budget is spiked well beyond any recent
chronological fluctuations, and still rising at a precipitous rate.

--
Get A Free Orbiter Space Flight Simulator :http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html

I be an old Frog (51) and have lived in Fl most of my life. My
parents also lived here most of their lives (and their parents and
theirs to btw) so I sorta have a near genetic thang about hurricanes.
If y'all think there is anything abnormal about the recent years, you
have serious long term memory problems. I remember strong hurricanes
from my childhood. My parents talk about hurricanes in theirs and so
on. There is NOTHING odd about recent years except for the LACK of
hurricanes. As far as all the damage, REAL Florida natives have
better sense than to build on the beach but transplants dont know any
better so they build million dollar condos there and then complain whn
the get destroyed, Gee, how dis that happen, must be global warming.