What are the astronauts going to do all day?

Old July 31st 06, 12:42 PM posted to sci.space.station
Craig Fink

Default What are the astronauts going to do all day?

If they shut down all research on the Space Station.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/0...eut/index.html

I guess they could cruise the Internet when they aren't assembling new
parts on-orbit.

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @
Old July 31st 06, 02:33 PM posted to sci.space.station
André, Pe1PQX

Craig Fink stelde dit idée voor :
If they shut down all research on the Space Station.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/0...eut/index.html

I guess they could cruise the Internet when they aren't assembling new
parts on-orbit.

They could operate ARISS..

see http://www.rac.ca/ariss/oindex.htm

André (PE1PQX, a ham)

Old July 31st 06, 03:04 PM posted to sci.space.station
Craig Fink

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:33:12 +0200, =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Andr=E9 wrote:

Craig Fink stelde dit idée voor :
If they shut down all research on the Space Station.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/0...eut/index.html

I guess they could cruise the Internet when they aren't assembling new
parts on-orbit.

They could operate ARISS..

see http://www.rac.ca/ariss/oindex.htm

André (PE1PQX, a ham)

Sounds like I need to get a ham radio. ;-)

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @
Old July 31st 06, 05:01 PM posted to sci.space.station
André, Pe1PQX

Na rijp beraad schreef Craig Fink :
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:33:12 +0200, =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Andr=E9 wrote:

Craig Fink stelde dit idée voor :
If they shut down all research on the Space Station.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/0...eut/index.html

I guess they could cruise the Internet when they aren't assembling new
parts on-orbit.

They could operate ARISS..

see http://www.rac.ca/ariss/oindex.htm

André (PE1PQX, a ham)

Sounds like I need to get a ham radio. ;-)

Yes, and also as a ham you can do a lot of other things, like
transmitting to other HAM-sat's.
check www.arrl.org for more info

André

Old July 31st 06, 06:27 PM posted to sci.space.station
Jeff Findley

"Craig Fink" wrote in message
news
If they shut down all research on the Space Station.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/0...eut/index.html

I guess they could cruise the Internet when they aren't assembling new
parts on-orbit.

Maintenance. That's what a two or three man ISS crew does most of the time
anyway.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)

Old August 1st 06, 12:15 AM posted to sci.space.station
Jim Kingdon

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/0...eut/index.html

This is getting even more comical than usual. It is summed up by:

Under the plan, NASA would resume funding station research in 2008 or
2009, although start-up costs could be high.

By "start-up costs", read "train a new set of researchers since the
old ones have changed fields after having been laid off".
Old August 6th 06, 06:27 AM posted to sci.space.station
Frank Glover[_1_]

Jeff Findley wrote:

"Craig Fink" wrote in message
news
If they shut down all research on the Space Station.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/0...eut/index.html

I guess they could cruise the Internet when they aren't assembling new
parts on-orbit.

Maintenance. That's what a two or three man ISS crew does most of the time
anyway.

Jeff

Yeah, but now it begins to look like maintenance to no particular
purpose or end...

--

Frank

You know what to remove to reply...

Check out my web page: http://www.geocities.com/stardolphin1/link2.htm

"Man who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt man doing it."
- Chinese Proverb
Old August 6th 06, 06:30 AM posted to sci.space.station
Frank Glover[_1_]

Craig Fink wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:33:12 +0200, =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Andr=E9 wrote:

Craig Fink stelde dit idée voor :

If they shut down all research on the Space Station.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/0...eut/index.html

I guess they could cruise the Internet when they aren't assembling new
parts on-orbit.

They could operate ARISS..

see http://www.rac.ca/ariss/oindex.htm

André (PE1PQX, a ham)

Sounds like I need to get a ham radio. ;-)

A good idea, regardless. (KA2WQA)

Remember how Dan Goldin was afraid the presence of a space tourist
would disrupt normal ISS activities? The crews could moonlight as
bellhops now...

Old August 6th 06, 10:40 AM posted to sci.space.station
André, Pe1PQX

Na rijp beraad schreef Frank Glover :
Craig Fink wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:33:12 +0200, =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Andr=E9 wrote:

Craig Fink stelde dit idée voor :

If they shut down all research on the Space Station.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/0...eut/index.html

I guess they could cruise the Internet when they aren't assembling new
parts on-orbit.

They could operate ARISS..

see http://www.rac.ca/ariss/oindex.htm

André (PE1PQX, a ham)

Sounds like I need to get a ham radio. ;-)

A good idea, regardless. (KA2WQA)

Remember how Dan Goldin was afraid the presence of a space tourist would
disrupt normal ISS activities? The crews could moonlight as bellhops now...

Hi Frank,

In my opinion it is a good idea.
During disasters (think Katarina in New Orleans etc) hams were able to
set up communications network, so I think HAMS can't be missed in real
life!

André

PS.: A very large portion of current communication techniques are
developed bij HAM's.

Old August 6th 06, 11:28 PM posted to sci.space.station
Paul F. Dietz

Frank Glover wrote:

Yeah, but now it begins to look like maintenance to no particular
purpose or end...

It has looked like this for most of the life of the program.

Paul

The Apollo Hoax FAQ CAPCOM Astronomy Misc 16 February 21st 06 01:07 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM