LIVE from the Moon?

Old February 18th 19, 04:52 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

Default LIVE from the Moon?

I was wondering, how come we been many time on the Moon and never left a live video transmitter there, so people can tune in and watch the Moon's surface some times?
I think, it would be interesting?
Old February 18th 19, 05:05 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 7:52:50 PM UTC-8, StarDust wrote:
I was wondering, how come we been many time on the Moon and never left a live video transmitter there, so people can tune in and watch the Moon's surface some times?
I think, it would be interesting?

I doubt it changes very much, except for the shadows, of course. What you would see in current photos would look just the same as it looked in the old photos...
Old February 18th 19, 07:31 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 8:05:18 PM UTC-8, palsing wrote:
On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 7:52:50 PM UTC-8, StarDust wrote:
I was wondering, how come we been many time on the Moon and never left a live video transmitter there, so people can tune in and watch the Moon's surface some times?
I think, it would be interesting?

I doubt it changes very much, except for the shadows, of course. What you would see in current photos would look just the same as it looked in the old photos...

I guess, getting power for the camera and transmitter to transmit for years maybe was a problem back than?
Old February 18th 19, 10:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 10:52:50 PM UTC-5, StarDust wrote:
I was wondering, how come we been many time on the Moon and never left a live video transmitter there, so people can tune in and watch the Moon's surface some times?
I think, it would be interesting?

The Moon only gets visitors every 800,000,000 years on average, so there isn't much for a camera to record.