A human Mars mission?

Old August 10th 03, 03:55 PM
Christopher

Default A human Mars mission?

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:02:26 GMT, "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)"
wrote:

"Christopher" wrote in message
but there are many more important things to do with that
kind of money right now.

If we had thought that way we'd have never built the British Empire,
starting with a collection of colonys in a place called the New World.

Not really. One reason the British Empire established colonies in New
England was for fishing and lumber. I.e. there was an economic benefit up
front.

Trade follows the flag.

Sad but true, you as an American have any objection to a private none
American individual going to Mars? :-

Not really.

Cool. Be nice if NASA and your government had the same attitude.

Christopher
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
"There's a light at the end
of the tunnel" says the optimist.
"It's probably a train coming
stright at us" responds the pessimist.

Old August 10th 03, 04:04 PM
Christopher

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:06:36 GMT, Joann Evans
wrote:

Christopher wrote:

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 21:09:26 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 21:02:27 GMT, in a place far, far away,
(Christopher) made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

Why should NASA be "serious about going to Mars"?

Because its there, and no human foot has yet set foot on the surface.

Then go tell your Congressman, and quite whining about NASA.

Im not an American, so you do it for me.

I'm sure Rand is doing everything he thinks appropriate.

Rand is more of a think tank then a space based organisation.

As for yourself, is there not an ESA?

Yes, but ESA had its chance for manned space flight with the Hermes
mini shuttle it was developing, but down graded and redesigned it till
there was nothing left.

Is there not a British
Government, to whom you could make your thoughts on space development
known?

The only thing our current British Government is interested in is
replacing the Pound with the euro, and Britain becoming part of a
federal superstate.

http://www.spacefuture.com/archive/f...dustr y.shtml

http://www.spacefuture.com/journal/j...olicy_re view

Interesting urls. Here's one for you http://www.permanent.com

You're not completely powerless....

You should see what its like on this side of the big pond.

Christopher