What is the singularity?

Old August 24th 09, 03:52 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math
M.M.M.

Default What is the singularity?

This is I have heard the deepest problem in cosomology. What is it?
Musatov
Old August 24th 09, 04:04 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math
BURT

On Aug 23, 6:52*pm, "M.M.M." wrote:
This is I have heard the deepest problem in cosomology. What is it?
Musatov

Its an infinitely small hypersphere point in the aether.

Mitch Raemsch
Old August 24th 09, 04:17 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math
Mahipal

On Aug 23, 10:52*pm, "M.M.M." wrote:
This is I have heard the deepest problem in cosomology. What is it?
Musatov

There is, I have read, for humans do not talk of such matters in
public, for fear of being heard, challenged as they additionally be,
to properly use the freely available commas, regardless, there indeed
is this cosmologically simplistic problem.

It is the deep problem of division by zero: Singularity!

Mahipal

Light is "deep" when lit. If you already knew, keep quiet.

Old August 24th 09, 05:11 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math
Gordon Stangler

On Aug 23, 9:52*pm, "M.M.M." wrote:
This is I have heard the deepest problem in cosomology. What is it?
Musatov

In Cosmology, a singularity is a point where the geodesics cannot be
extended smoothly over said point. This is slightly different then
the traditional statement that a singularity is a region of spacetime
where the curvature becomes infinite independent of the frame of
reference.
Old August 24th 09, 06:01 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math
michael michalchik

On Aug 23, 8:04*pm, BURT wrote:
On Aug 23, 6:52*pm, "M.M.M." wrote:

This is I have heard the deepest problem in cosomology. What is it?
Musatov

Its an infinitely small hypersphere point in the aether.

Mitch Raemsch

"aether" ?!? What butt did you pull that out of?
Old August 24th 09, 06:49 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math
jillbones

On Aug 23, 7:52*pm, "M.M.M." wrote:
This is I have heard the deepest problem in cosomology. What is it?
Musatov

I nominate "Dark Energy"
Old August 24th 09, 11:08 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math
Androcles[_19_]

"jillbones" wrote in message
On Aug 23, 7:52 pm, "M.M.M." wrote:
This is I have heard the deepest problem in cosomology. What is it?
Musatov

I nominate "Dark Energy"
====================

I can't decide between "Tooth Fairy", "Easter Bunny" and "Santa Claus".
Dork Energy doesn't get a look in.

Old August 24th 09, 12:15 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math
Don Stockbauer

On Aug 24, 5:08*am, "Androcles" wrote:
"jillbones" wrote in message

On Aug 23, 7:52 pm, "M.M.M." wrote:

This is I have heard the deepest problem in cosomology. What is it?
Musatov

I nominate "Dark Energy"
====================

I can't decide between "Tooth Fairy", "Easter Bunny" and "Santa Claus".
Dork Energy doesn't get a look in.

hail, innit th Singuarity wut happens whar duh machine take over from
us stoopi widdle humans? ah doan think that'll happen, ahs uh votin
awn de "Globular Bwain" mah own self yessir.-
Old August 24th 09, 02:13 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math
JT

On 24 Aug, 04:52, "M.M.M." wrote:
This is I have heard the deepest problem in cosomology. What is it?
Musatov

It is the invisible fruit of a thick mans math. You start with some
crazy assumption and extends the assumption with further illogical
reasoning, and voila you created your first singularity.

*AND IT DO EXIST*

UNFORTUNATLY HOWEVER, ONLY ON YOUR PAPER BASED ON FAULTHY MATH AND
PHYSICS, BUT YOU CREATED IT AS A SIGN OF FAITH AND BELEIF.

THE CREATION OF A YOUR FIRST SINGULARITY, NOW FAST RUSH AWAY FROM YOUR
DESK SO IT DO NOT PULL YOU IN.

JT
Old August 24th 09, 03:01 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math
Androcles[_19_]

"JT" wrote in message
On 24 Aug, 04:52, "M.M.M." wrote:
This is I have heard the deepest problem in cosomology. What is it?
Musatov

It is the invisible fruit of a thick mans math. You start with some
crazy assumption and extends the assumption with further illogical
reasoning, and voila you created your first singularity.

*AND IT DO EXIST*

UNFORTUNATLY HOWEVER, ONLY ON YOUR PAPER BASED ON FAULTHY MATH AND
PHYSICS, BUT YOU CREATED IT AS A SIGN OF FAITH AND BELEIF.

THE CREATION OF A YOUR FIRST SINGULARITY, NOW FAST RUSH AWAY FROM YOUR
DESK SO IT DO NOT PULL YOU IN.

JT

There are many types of singularity.
If you stand at the South Pole you can go right and left, forward
and back, but you have to go North to move at all.
No crazy assumption and no illogical reasoning.

If you go up or down anywhere on the surface of the Earth, your
compass heading is undefined. It doesn't mean you can't do these
things or that math is faulty, it only means your coordinate system
doesn't apply in all situations according to your intuition.
No crazy assumption and no illogical reasoning.

Solve the simultaneous equations for x and y below:

2x + y = 3
4x - 3y = 0

Simple: x = 1, y = 1. There are no other solutions.
No crazy assumption and no illogical reasoning.

Now solve this pair.

2x + 2y = 4
4x - 4y = 0

Simple? Not at all, it could be x = 2, y = 2, or x= 3, y = 3;
the only solution is x = y.
The matrix
[2,2]
[4,-4]
is singular.
No crazy assumption and no illogical reasoning.