Eclipse image

Old April 6th 06, 06:52 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default Eclipse image

Hi all,
we had an excellent and very successful adventure travelling to Turkey
to observe the eclipse. Although we didn't set out to image it, one
click of one of our cameras got a passable image which, after cropping
and processing, can be viewed he

http://www.geocities.com/evmurph/

Regards

- Mike
Old April 6th 06, 07:12 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 18:52:06 +0100, Mike Murphy evmurph.zetnet@co@uk
wrote:

Hi all,
we had an excellent and very successful adventure travelling to Turkey
to observe the eclipse. Although we didn't set out to image it, one
click of one of our cameras got a passable image which, after cropping
and processing, can be viewed he

http://www.geocities.com/evmurph/

Looks like Saturn ;-)

Have you put the photo up Mike?
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old April 7th 06, 11:54 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

wrote:

Hi all,
we had an excellent and very successful adventure travelling to
Turkey to observe the eclipse. Although we didn't set out to image
it, one click of one of our cameras got a passable image which,
after cropping and processing, can be viewed he

http://www.geocities.com/evmurph/

Looks like Saturn ;-)

Have you put the photo up Mike?

Weird! When I view with IE there is no eclipse pic, but when viewed with
Firefox it's ok.

Old April 7th 06, 12:07 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

wrote:

Hi all,
we had an excellent and very successful adventure travelling to
Turkey to observe the eclipse. Although we didn't set out to image
it, one click of one of our cameras got a passable image which,
after cropping and processing, can be viewed he

http://www.geocities.com/evmurph/

Looks like Saturn ;-)

Have you put the photo up Mike?

Weird! When I view with IE there is no eclipse pic, but when viewed with
Firefox it's ok.

That is very weird - I can't see it in IE either!!

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old April 7th 06, 12:37 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

wrote:

Hi all,
we had an excellent and very successful adventure travelling to
Turkey to observe the eclipse. Although we didn't set out to image
it, one click of one of our cameras got a passable image which,
after cropping and processing, can be viewed he

http://www.geocities.com/evmurph/

Looks like Saturn ;-)

Have you put the photo up Mike?

Weird! When I view with IE there is no eclipse pic, but when viewed with
Firefox it's ok.

That is very weird - I can't see it in IE either!!

The source code is different when I use "View Source" in IE and Firefox.

In IE the "" is missing from the "p" on the previous line, so the
"img ... " is considered to be inside the p tag. That would prevent
the image from being displayed.

There are several missing ""s in the source code. A quick experiment
shows that Firefox manages to spot situations where the "" is omitted,
and automatically inserts them into the source code.

IE isn't that smart and treats "p img ... " as a single p tag with
an attribute that it doesn't recognise.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure
Old April 7th 06, 01:50 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 12:07:03 +0100, Pete Lawrence
wrote:

Weird! When I view with IE there is no eclipse pic, but when viewed with
Firefox it's ok.

That is very weird - I can't see it in IE either!!

Sorry chaps, the code is changed now so that the page displays
correctly in internet exploder as well as Firefox and Netscape.

- Mike

http://www.geocities.com/evmurph/

Old April 7th 06, 03:22 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

wrote:

Weird! When I view with IE there is no eclipse pic, but when viewed with
Firefox it's ok.

That is very weird - I can't see it in IE either!!

Sorry chaps, the code is changed now so that the page displays
correctly in internet exploder as well as Firefox and Netscape.

- Mike

http://www.geocities.com/evmurph/

That's astronishing for a hand-held shot - well done Jane!
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old April 7th 06, 11:16 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

JRS: In article , dated Fri, 7 Apr 2006
11:54:15 remote, seen in news:uk.sci.astronomy, Grumps
posted :

Weird! When I view with IE there is no eclipse pic, but when viewed with
Firefox it's ok.

Pages should be tested, preferably by the author before/after upload,
with one of the free testers/validators.

I use W3's TIDY, running on my PC, and also the service at
http://validator.w3.org/ .

URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/www-use0.htm ...

--
© John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v4.00 MIME ©
Web URL:http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html - Timo Salmi: Usenet Q&A.