Ares firing rumors

Old April 25th 08, 09:02 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Default Ares firing rumors

From NASA Watch:
http://www.nasawatch.com/archives/20..._irr.html#more

Pat
Old April 26th 08, 04:43 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
news:BqidnZdBqM9vpY_VnZ2dnUVZ_jidnZ2d@northdakotat elephone...
From NASA Watch:
http://www.nasawatch.com/archives/20..._irr.html#more

Pat

Seems those rumours, what ever they are, are false; from the article in Pats
link:

According to June Malone MSFC PAO: "Good morning. Regarding your
questions/comments to the Ares" Projects Office I can offer the following:
- Any individual employee personnel action which may or may not be in work
is not subject to discussion and therefore we cannot comment on any specific
allegation other than to reiterate that no actions associated with
procurement irregularities are currently or anticipated to be in work.

- As far as any allegations of procurement irregularities regarding this
matter, those allegations are false. There are no known procurement
irregularity issues relative to Ares. A number of contract awards have been
made over the last year regarding the Ares project and we are aware of no
irregularities or concerns involving those contracts."

Old April 26th 08, 06:37 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:

[...]

Read the part that says: "I stand by my original posting"....twice.
NASA Watch isn't noted for barking up trees; there's at least something
odd related to all this.
I suspect it isn't procurement irregularities, but rather related to the
vibration issue.
The whole design may have been fundamentally flawed from the word "go"
due to that.
If that's the case, then Griffin gets to add his name to the list of all
the others that basically committed professional suicide by accepting
the position of Chief Administrator of NASA.
If nothing else, that position may serve as the real-world realization
of how a government official was supposed to work in Plato's
"Republic"... no one in their right mind would want it, so it must be
forced upon them. :-)

Pat
Old April 26th 08, 07:06 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
news:88ednbOb589fIo_VnZ2dnUVZ_hWdnZ2d@northdakotat elephone...

Read the part that says: "I stand by my original posting"....twice.
NASA Watch isn't noted for barking up trees; there's at least something
odd related to all this.
I suspect it isn't procurement irregularities, but rather related to the
vibration issue.

That might be closer to the truth and the PAO is simply stating "There are
no issues about procurement" but not saying anything about any other issues
that might exist. Perhaps if NASAwatch asked "Are there any 'issues'
regarding the Ares?" it might get a different response.

The whole design may have been fundamentally flawed from the word "go"
due to that.
If that's the case, then Griffin gets to add his name to the list of all
the others that basically committed professional suicide by accepting
the position of Chief Administrator of NASA.

Was it Griffin that worked for TRW? I seem to remember a report from either
him or another NASA chief in the recent past that was critical of the way
NASA did things. I think it might have lead to the 'faster, cheaper,
better' process but I'm not sure.

Old April 26th 08, 06:28 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On Apr 26, 2:06�am, "Alan Erskine" wrote:
[...]

chalk up another bush failure, iraq war, economy, ignoring our
constitution, torture, black prisons, ignore geneva convention, long
term war costs, bad treatment of vets, price of gasoline, destabilized
mid east, walter reed, world view of our country.

the only thing goods about bush is he will be gone soon, the trouble
is he still has time to muck up more stuff
Old April 26th 08, 06:58 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Apr 26, 10:28 am, " wrote:
[...]

Isn't that with those born-again types have done since before having
put Christ on a stick for another one of their faith-based PR stunts?
. - Brad Guth

Ares firing rumors Pat Flannery Policy 5 April 26th 08 06:58 PM
I've added FOUR updates to my Ares-1 article with some NEW calculations that (clearly) show WHY the new Ares-1 can't fly gaetanomarano Policy 0 November 12th 07 10:21 AM
NewSpace rockets __ EELVs __ Ares-I __ REVISED Orion/Ares-I __ FAST-SLV __ chances of success gaetanomarano Policy 9 June 16th 07 12:03 AM
in my opinion (both) Ares-I and Ares-V could NEVER fly once! ...could NASA rockets win vs. privates on launch date and prices? gaetanomarano Policy 0 May 10th 07 11:11 PM
80s Rumors of All Military Orbiters [email protected] Space Shuttle 19 August 8th 05 09:21 AM