C5+ pages updated

Old June 25th 06, 01:29 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default C5+ pages updated

I'm sure this won't be of great interest to most of you, but I've just
now finished updating my C5+ pages. The most significant update is a
more comprehensive account of the history of Celestron's 5-inch SCT,
which has now been moved to the front page. Most pages are still in
place, including the tips page; I had forgotten how much I had put in
there.

Link in my .sig, below.

--
Brian Tung
My Own Personal FAQ (SAA) at http://astro.isi.edu/reference/faq.html
Old June 25th 06, 01:55 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

I'm sure this won't be of great interest to most of you, but I've just
now finished updating my C5+ pages.

My first commercial/expensive telescope was an orange C5 i bought sometime around 1975. I think i actually picked it up in person at the Celestron plant in LA. After a few years i sold it and upgraded to a C8. I have really fond memories of that C5. I sold it to a friend and i think he still has it. I wonder if he'd sell it back to me...

-Florian
Old June 25th 06, 04:29 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Florian wrote:
I'm sure this won't be of great interest to most of you, but I've just
now finished updating my C5+ pages.

My first commercial/expensive telescope was an orange C5 i bought
sometime around 1975. I think i actually picked it up in person at the
Celestron plant in LA. After a few years i sold it and upgraded to a C8.
I have really fond memories of that C5. I sold it to a friend and i
think he still has it. I wonder if he'd sell it back to me...

I still have a C5+. Great little scope. But should I replace it
with the new C6 model on an ASGT mount: That is the question

Phil
Old June 25th 06, 04:31 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Brian Tung wrote:
I'm sure this won't be of great interest to most of you, but I've just
now finished updating my C5+ pages. The most significant update is a
more comprehensive account of the history of Celestron's 5-inch SCT,
which has now been moved to the front page. Most pages are still in
place, including the tips page; I had forgotten how much I had put in
there.

Link in my .sig, below.

Nice .. thanks, Brian.

Phil (C5+ owner, optics refurbed at Celestron down the street in 2003)
Old June 25th 06, 06:07 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Brian Tung wrote:
I'm sure this won't be of great interest to most of you,

Well, it's of interest to me, anyway...well done.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Author of: _Choosing and Using an SCT_, and _The Urban Astronomers's
Guide_.
_http://members.aol.com/rmollise/index.html_
(http://members.aol.com/rmollise/index.html)

Old June 25th 06, 07:21 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Brian Tung wrote:
I'm sure this won't be of great interest to most of you, but I've just
now finished updating my C5+ pages. The most significant update is a
more comprehensive account of the history of Celestron's 5-inch SCT,
which has now been moved to the front page. Most pages are still in
place, including the tips page; I had forgotten how much I had put in
there.

Link in my .sig, below.

Thanks Brian ! As a fan of this telescope, I appreciate the effort you
did to make it come together. Until the arrival of the Orion/Syntha
127mm Maks, I hadn't found a telescope that combined the weight, small
size, viewing and imaging capabilities, and price of the C-5.

Thanks again !

Sincerely,
--- Dave Nakamoto
Miller's Daughter --- There, I was visited by a bizarre, strange imp
of a man.
Sam Shovel --- Pee Wee Herman?
Miller's Daughter --- Not THAT strange.
Old June 25th 06, 07:23 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Phil Wheeler wrote:
Florian wrote:
I'm sure this won't be of great interest to most of you, but I've just
now finished updating my C5+ pages.

My first commercial/expensive telescope was an orange C5 i bought
sometime around 1975. I think i actually picked it up in person at
the Celestron plant in LA. After a few years i sold it and upgraded to
a C8. I have really fond memories of that C5. I sold it to a friend
and i think he still has it. I wonder if he'd sell it back to me...

I still have a C5+. Great little scope. But should I replace it with
the new C6 model on an ASGT mount: That is the question

Phil

Not much of a difference in aperture or focal length, but if you wish to
replace a C5, may I suggest the 127 mm Orion Maks on their goto mount?

Old June 25th 06, 10:50 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Brian Tung wrote:

I'm sure this won't be of great interest to most of you, but I've just
now finished updating my C5+ pages. The most significant update is a
more comprehensive account of the history of Celestron's 5-inch SCT,
which has now been moved to the front page. Most pages are still in
place, including the tips page; I had forgotten how much I had put in
there.

Link in my .sig, below.

--
Brian Tung
My Own Personal FAQ (SAA) at http://astro.isi.edu/reference/faq.html

I have never been able to afford one.

Old June 25th 06, 10:51 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

David Nakamoto wrote:

Brian Tung wrote:
I'm sure this won't be of great interest to most of you, but I've just
now finished updating my C5+ pages. The most significant update is a
more comprehensive account of the history of Celestron's 5-inch SCT,
which has now been moved to the front page. Most pages are still in
place, including the tips page; I had forgotten how much I had put in
there.

Link in my .sig, below.

Thanks Brian ! As a fan of this telescope, I appreciate the effort you
did to make it come together. Until the arrival of the Orion/Syntha
127mm Maks, I hadn't found a telescope that combined the weight, small
size, viewing and imaging capabilities, and price of the C-5.

I like the C6 better!

Old June 25th 06, 11:25 AM
nytecam[_1_] nytecam[_1_] is offline
Senior Member

Location: london-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian
snip My first commercial/expensive telescope was an orange C5 i bought sometime around 1975. I think i actually picked it up in person at the Celestron plant in LA. After a few years i sold it and upgraded to a C8. snip

-Florian
I bought my orange C8 from the Celestron factory in 1980 after a tour of the manufacturing facilities - most interesting. Great scope - comes out regularly from the Den!

Nytecam London Eng