Small rocket thruster from 1970's

Old September 28th 12, 11:51 PM posted to sci.space.history
kiloowatt

Default Small rocket thruster from 1970's

greetings,

1st time poster..

I have an interesting item in my Apollo Saturn V era space collection.

Namely a functioning mint 1970's Walter Kidde 2.2lb N2 thruster that was probably used for vector correction. I am thinking of offering it on ePay but wondered if it should go to a more worthy destination. Ie museum or a science educator /university. Has anyone dealt with these kinds of devices.?

It is pretty cool, I connected it to a N2O 900psi tank with suitable fittings and hit the 28 volt switch and find it pretty spectacular, noisy and dynamic. Turns off and on in milliseconds. Sure wakes people up with sudden turn on.

Walter Kidde Corp does not google with anything valid for specs on the item..

Any ideas.?

KW

Old September 29th 12, 12:39 AM posted to sci.space.history
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sep 28, 3:51*pm, kiloowatt wrote:
greetings,

1st time poster..

I have an interesting item in my Apollo Saturn V era space collection.

Namely a functioning mint 1970's Walter Kidde 2.2lb N2 thruster that was probably used for vector correction. I am thinking of offering it on ePay but wondered if it should go to a more worthy destination. Ie museum or a science educator /university. Has anyone dealt with these kinds of devices.?

It is pretty cool, I connected it to a N2O 900psi tank with suitable fittings and hit the 28 volt switch and find it pretty spectacular, noisy and dynamic. Turns off and on in milliseconds. Sure wakes people up with sudden turn on.

Walter Kidde Corp does not google with anything valid for specs on the item.

Any ideas.?

KW

Think fire suppression is what they do to pay the rent.