Stars Very Sparse

Old April 7th 18, 09:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Stars Very Sparse

With all the recent posts about stars and galaxies, it's worth noting
an apt comparison cited in a previous post, about the relative size
and spacing of typical galactic stars.

If you shrink a typical area until stars were about the size of a
dime, then an area the size of the USA would only contain about 2 or 3
stars !
Old April 8th 18, 12:59 AM posted to alt.astronomy
IAM

On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 1:51:58 PM UTC-7, wrote:
With all the recent posts about stars and galaxies, it's worth noting
an apt comparison cited in a previous post, about the relative size
and spacing of typical galactic stars.

ok, you work out all the G forces and other forces and get back to us on Spacing. thaks!

Old April 8th 18, 03:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 1:51:58 PM UTC-7, wrote:
With all the recent posts about stars and galaxies, it's worth noting
an apt comparison cited in a previous post, about the relative size
and spacing of typical galactic stars.

If you shrink a typical area until stars were about the size of a
dime, then an area the size of the USA would only contain about 2 or 3
stars !

I think much less.Bert
Old April 9th 18, 04:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

___"reber wrote:
"I think much less.Bert" being a Face-****ter & a Graveyard Vandal
as "I park & bark in the dark. I'm of low wit & a stupid ****." Bert

"Why am I posting this, it's making me cry as it always does".Bert

______ "Why am I not loved by all?". Bert.

hmmm...snicker...chortle...ahahahAHAHA...ROTFL MAO

Old April 9th 18, 12:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

My info was from an earlier post, but I nelieve it was refering to a
typically higher density area.

This is confirmed by the fact, that it is often predicted, that there
will be essentially no actual star collisions when the Milky Way
merges with Andromeda.

Old April 9th 18, 12:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

PS - Images of things like the Herculese M13 "cluster", give the
impression that the stars are packed together tightly, and surely
bumping into one another, but that's just simply not the case.
Relative to other sparser areas, it appears crowded, but it actually
isn't.
Old April 9th 18, 01:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 3:51:58 PM UTC-5, wrote:
With all the recent posts about stars and galaxies, it's worth noting
an apt comparison cited in a previous post, about the relative size
and spacing of typical galactic stars.

If you shrink a typical area until stars were about the size of a
dime, then an area the size of the USA would only contain about 2 or 3
stars !

Stars are far apart but that is no problem for us who want to go there.
Old April 9th 18, 03:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Stars are far apart but that is no problem for us who want to go there.

We're never going to any stars of anything else outside the solar
system, owing to the vastly prohibitive distances.

Even at or near light speed, which is highly unlikely, times would be
excessive. At likely practical space travel speeds, times would be
thousands of MILLENNIA !

Intelligent life probably abounds throughout the universe, yet we are
never visited by anyone. Why ? Because the distances are far too
great.