All things in disorder

Old November 30th 06, 12:15 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default All things in disorder

Back in good ol' medieval times, you could always tell when the ****e
was about to hit the fan when things started going entirely wrong; when
dogs and cats started sleeping together, when hens were born from
hard-boiled eggs, when priests began taking a strange and unnatural
interest in young girls, instead of young boys.
Therefore, this news item fills me with fear; as it seems one of the
basic pillars of our civilization has fallen, and all we can ask is
"Jacques Cousteau; where are you now that we need you?":
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15964896/ :-D

Pat
Old November 30th 06, 01:04 PM posted to sci.space.history
Dale[_1_]

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 05:15:32 -0600, Pat Flannery wrote:

Therefore, this news item fills me with fear; as it seems one of the
basic pillars of our civilization has fallen, and all we can ask is
"Jacques Cousteau; where are you now that we need you?":
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15964896/ :-D

I'm amazed that Shamu is still alive. I'd heartily advise him/her
to attack his/her captors as often as possible.

Perhaps one day we will grant basic rights to all animals. I
suppose that won't happen until we do the same for all fellow
humans. This doesn't fill me with fear- just sadness.

Thanks, Pat. Goodnight

Dale
Old November 30th 06, 01:16 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Dale wrote:

I'm amazed that Shamu is still alive. I'd heartily advise him/her
to attack his/her captors as often as possible.

Once again, we see the health advantages of a diet heavy on fish oil! :-)

Perhaps one day we will grant basic rights to all animals. I
suppose that won't happen until we do the same for all fellow
humans. This doesn't fill me with fear- just sadness.

Ditto. I've never ran into a animal I didn't like, or at least couldn't
understand regarding the motivations of its actions.
I wish I could say the same about our own species.

Pat
Old November 30th 06, 10:24 PM posted to sci.space.history
jonathan

wrote:

Therefore, this news item fills me with fear; as it seems one of the
basic pillars of our civilization has fallen, and all we can ask is
"Jacques Cousteau; where are you now that we need you?":
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15964896/ :-D

I'm amazed that Shamu is still alive. I'd heartily advise him/her
to attack his/her captors as often as possible.

Perhaps one day we will grant basic rights to all animals. I
suppose that won't happen until we do the same for all fellow
humans. This doesn't fill me with fear- just sadness.

I always root for the animals too. Everyone was so shocked
when that Australian croc hunter died...whatshisname.
I'm sure his stunts meant well and raised awareness.
But everytime I see someone taking chances with wild animals
I'm hollerin'...come on...bite his sorry ass....

Thanks, Pat. Goodnight

Dale

Old December 1st 06, 02:52 AM posted to sci.space.history,alt.animals.dolphins,alt.animals.whales
Frank Glover[_1_]

Pat Flannery wrote:

Back in good ol' medieval times, you could always tell when the ****e
was about to hit the fan when things started going entirely wrong; when
dogs and cats started sleeping together, when hens were born from
hard-boiled eggs, when priests began taking a strange and unnatural
interest in young girls, instead of young boys.
Therefore, this news item fills me with fear; as it seems one of the
basic pillars of our civilization has fallen, and all we can ask is
"Jacques Cousteau; where are you now that we need you?":
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15964896/ :-D

Pat

If so, the world should've ended in 1971. I remember the incident
with Annettte Eckis quite well. It even made the CBS evening news at the
time:

http://www.reuniteluna.com/forums/vi...9c4cc7 f453e7

And there's (unfortunately) more examples:

http://www.angelfire.com/gu/orcas/attack.html

http://members.aol.com/OrcaInfo/page7.htm

--

Frank

You know what to remove to reply...

Check out my web page: http://www.geocities.com/stardolphin1/link2.htm

"To confine our attention to terrestrial matters would be to limit the
human spirit."
- Stephen Hawking
Old December 1st 06, 04:07 AM posted to sci.space.history
Dale[_1_]

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 01:52:29 GMT, Frank Glover wrote:

If so, the world should've ended in 1971. I remember the incident
with Annettte Eckis quite well. It even made the CBS evening news at the
time:

http://www.reuniteluna.com/forums/vi...9c4cc7 f453e7

I remember that too, but I'm afraid it's mostly because Annette's bikini bottom
came down during the struggle. I was just a kid, and that was racy TV As
a Seattle-area resident, I certainly remember the sad story of Namu as well...

Thanks for clearing up the mystery of the seemingly long life of Shamu. They
don't actually try to pretend it's the same animal, do they?

Dale

Old December 1st 06, 06:31 AM posted to sci.space.history,alt.animals.dolphins,alt.animals.whales
Pat Flannery

Frank Glover wrote:

Pat Flannery wrote:

And there's (unfortunately) more examples:

http://www.angelfire.com/gu/orcas/attack.html

http://members.aol.com/OrcaInfo/page7.htm

Here's other odd behavior toward humans on the part of cetaceans:
http://www.sexwork.com/family/dolphins1.html

"Q6) Where can I find a dolphin to mate with?"

And further down (the page, that is):

"Surprisingly, her body also shuddered against mine, and we spent the
next 5 or so minutes just lying together in the shallows, holding each
other, enjoying our company and revelling in the fact that we had shared
something special together, something very few people can claim to have
done.
I do not brag about this though. It is not something you can brag about,
since it not only is demeaning to the act, but it destroys the purpose
of the act as well; to express affection, and trust. I only consent to
those dolphins who ask. As a result, I have mated only three times. Each
time was memorable and special, because each time it was something we
both wanted to share with each other."

Yes, make sure the dolphin asks; there are few things more embarrassing
than being brought up on dolphin rape charges.
That's got to be one of the stranger pages out there on the web. :-D

Pat
Old December 1st 06, 11:33 AM posted to sci.space.history,alt.animals.dolphins,alt.animals.whales
Thomas Palm

Frank Glover wrote in
:

http://www.angelfire.com/gu/orcas/attack.html

This one is rather impressive:
"Kandu 5, a rountinally agressive whale, took 2 trainers in her
mouth and would not release them"

Orcas have big mouths certainly, but catching two trainers at
once takes some skill.

Old December 2nd 06, 04:11 AM posted to sci.space.history
Frank Glover[_1_]

Dale wrote:
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 01:52:29 GMT, Frank Glover wrote:

If so, the world should've ended in 1971. I remember the incident
with Annettte Eckis quite well. It even made the CBS evening news at the
time:

http://www.reuniteluna.com/forums/vi...9c4cc7 f453e7

I remember that too, but I'm afraid it's mostly because Annette's bikini bottom
came down during the struggle. I was just a kid, and that was racy TV As
a Seattle-area resident, I certainly remember the sad story of Namu as well...

Thanks for clearing up the mystery of the seemingly long life of Shamu. They
don't actually try to pretend it's the same animal, do they?

Dale

More or less. Same with the Miami Seaquarium and the multiple
incarnations of 'Flipper.' (None of which actually had that name, and
most of which were female. I speak from mid 70's first-hand experience
on that one...)

Old December 2nd 06, 06:21 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

"jonathan" writes:

I always root for the animals too. Everyone was so shocked when that
Australian croc hunter died...whatshisname. I'm sure his stunts
meant well and raised awareness. But everytime I see someone taking
chances with wild animals I'm hollerin'...come on...bite his sorry
ass....

Step-Daughters wx boyfriend worked on his crok farm out of Cairns. He
used to say that no crok would eat anything that stupid...

--
Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
+61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.

Things that are different, just ain't the same Jeff Findley Policy 1 October 4th 06 01:46 PM
I RUN THINGS now Chuck P Adams Misc 0 January 4th 06 09:46 PM
Best things to see in UK sky davlap Amateur Astronomy 8 March 29th 05 11:42 AM
Where things are in the Galaxy Bill Tschumy Amateur Astronomy 23 December 23rd 03 07:31 PM