Double-A Is Back!

Old August 26th 14, 09:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Double-A Is Back!

On Monday, August 25, 2014 1:32:44 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Monday, August 25, 2014 4:23:59 AM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:

It's all part of the upper caste dogma/manifesto of creating as much global inflation as possible, of turning what should be a retail value of not more than $1/lb of fresh grapes into a trendy $25/bottle of bad tasting grape juice that's artificially colored and flavored to suit each fancy label.. As you already know, they are making us pay at least $3/lb for the fruit ($5/lb in upscale markets and roughly twice that amount for the majority of their cheapest wine).

Like the fact of most collectible and usually spendy art is counterfeit, so is most of their spendy vintage wines. The point is always to make those grapes into anything but raw fruit available at a competitive fair-market price, although the trick is getting a brand/ID sticker applied to each individual grape so that they can justify a price of $10/lb.

I happen to like 100% pure grape juice, though it's usually too spendy at nearly the same price as a cheap bottle of wine. We live in a fancy eyecandy container world of waste and disregard, additionally fooling ourselves that our recycling of such disposable food and beverage containers is actually saving us from ourselves, when in fact the all-inclusive energy and environmental impact of recycling is often every bit as bad or worse than ever, especially when the collection process and multiple transporting, sorting/processing and re-shipments are running that recycled stuff all over the place before ever becoming its next product or byproduct that usually can't be recycled again because of all the impurities that are getting way too spendy to deal with.

Yes, cheap wine is probably as cheap a way of getting the health benefits of grape juice as well as getting extra benefits!

The reason prices ate so high I think is really because the dollar is rapidly devaluating. High inflation combined with low interest rates are shrinking the value of a person's savings rapidly.

Here in Tigard it is sunny and 84F as of 1:00 PM PDT.

Have you heard about the sea plankton being found on the outside of a window of the ISS? The organisms have been living and growing in the space environment! How did they get there? The Russians suggest that air currents carried them up into space off the ocean's surface. Seems unlikely. Another theory is that the plankton may have come from comets, perhaps its true original origin before entered the ocean in the first place! Strange!

Double-A

Perhaps not strange at all, because Earth gets a microbe/spore dusting from Venus nearly every 19 month cycle of Venus aligned between the sun and Earth, and by rights there should be lots of Venus stuff as easily found on our moon.
Old August 26th 14, 11:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, August 23, 2014 10:19:33 PM UTC-7, greysky wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

On Saturday, August 23, 2014 3:57:32 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:

On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 4:02:36 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:

On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 6:39:09 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:

Bert can fix almost anything, and I'll teach you how to do the rest..

That's a bit too far for me to commute, as otherwise I'd drop by to

give you a hand.

If I move a yacht into the garage and boathouse out back, maybe I can

use your services.

Comparing pictures the landlady sent me to older pictures from Google

Streetview, I can see that the house has been recently completely

remodeled and repainted and reroofed. I think she wanted to make a lot

of money reselling it, but hasn't found a buyer. The kitchen has all

new appliances. It looks like a good neighborhood.

Sunny here in Tigard and a perfect 76F as of 4:00 PM.

Had my weekly lunch with Kim today, and she's all gung ho about moving

into the house. Hopefully no more sleeping out in the cold for her this

winter.

Double-A

Nice catch, even if the neighborhood is somewhat iffy.

Remember, most landlords take multiple photographs of everything before

you move in, and perhaps you'll even get to initial some of those. So, it

has to be as good or better at each annual inspection, or upon vacating..

That'll be easier said than done unless you live alone and hardly if ever

invite anyone over.

I found out I am renting from a very old lady who used to live there. She

doesn't care about money.

Double-A

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That could be either good or bad, DA. Try to sign a lease good for at least

a year at a time. You don't want to have the bad luck of moving in and then

she croaks and her relatives send you packing after a month or two. Also

please don't invite both Harlow and Hags over at the same time for the

housewarming party. Harlow will probably use the AR-15 he gifts you on hags

at the same time Hags tries to run down Harlow with his motorcycle - those

boys don't know how to behave properly for a civilized party...

G-

Sunny and 91F here in Tigard as of 3 PM. A perfect 72F here inside the library.

The house deal fell through! I realized in a nick of time that someone was trying to swindle me! The person I was corresponding with was using the name of the owner of the house, but said she couldn't meet me at the house because she was out of town on business. Then I discovered that the real woman who owns the house is 98 years old! Doubtful that she would be taking business trips! The person wanted me to send here a payment using a MoneyPak card which can can be bought at Walgreens, then sending her the information off the card and on the receipt. I went to the MoneyPak site where they displayed a big warning that if you used their card to send money in this manner to someone you had contacted through classified ad, it was almost certainly a scam! They said if you lost money that way, they would not refund you! My sniffing out the scam queered the deal! I am not a trusting man, which is why I am hard to cheat. It is too bad because I really wanted that house. But the deal was too good to be true, which made it suspicious to begin with.

So no housewarming party. But when the time comes for me to have one, I'm only glad that Harlow and Hagar don't live anywhere near me!

Double-A

Old August 26th 14, 11:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:16:47 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:06:40 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:

"Like a poem poorly written We are verses out of rhythm, Couplets out of rhyme, In syncopated time And the dangled conversation And the superficial sighs, Are the borders of our lives." - Simon & Garfunkel Was in the hospital for a week. They pumped me full of antibiotics and cleaned me up both inside and out. Am now staying in a transitional housing room in downtown Portland courtesy of the local hospitals for benefit of the homeless. Getting free medical care at a downtown clinic. Medicare is now picking up the tabs so no more huge hospital bills to hang over my head. Kim is still on the street, but I am buying her lunch once a week at a downtown food circus. When she gets enough for a MAX train ticket, she is very mobile. First time I've been to the library for many months. Computers mostly available. The store nearby were I used to buy snacks has closed. Guess the rumors that it was moving were true after all. I see some of you regulars are still posting here. Hi Bert! Software has changed. Library may be limiting me to an hour now. Can't use Portland library because I have the wrong county library card so am at Cedar Mills. Double-A

Hi AA Hotel I did my stick at was Circus circus 250 kids got Chief grey Cloud,and 60 men liked G=EMC^2. They said they would frame.and that kind of tickled me.like Robin williams It tickles me when I get laughs.I have his demonds ,but Ifight them every day. He was only a kid (63) I have not found a place yet. Circus Circus I will stay at again for 3 days. They like me.. I get voutchers(same as $$$) free meals Free rides,and a way to take my pictures to that Silver and Gold pawn shop. I will run for mayor here too. WHY NOT My hearing is just about zip. TreBert

Too bad there isn't a physicist's convention there. Then you could pass your equation on to a really receptive audience! Those guys are always looking for a GUT!

Double-A

Old August 26th 14, 11:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 1:06:49 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:
[...]

If that is true, with plankton's seeming indifference to the hard vacuum, there ought to be lots of it growing on the Moon!

Double-A

Old August 27th 14, 12:48 AM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

On 8/26/2014 6:45 PM, Double-A wrote:

[...]

Any legit landlord will do a credit check at the least.
Then you're ****ed, as I stated previously.

I recommend that you get with Hager and find some ******** at his
trailer pork to live in. You can hang with Hager in between doing laps
in the sewage lagoon. I bet he'd buy your beer too!

--
Cut off one head, two more shall take it's place.
HAIL HYDRA!

Old August 27th 14, 04:58 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:45:47 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:

[...]

What sort of local agencies help with housing rentals?

Try asking the Salvation Army for a home rental lead.

Old August 27th 14, 03:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:52:37 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Amateurs with somewhat limited optics and as even obstructed by our polluted atmosphere can still manage to accomplish so much better mineral fluorescent color geology science than any observationology expertise of our NASA, JPL, and ASU has to offer, as even JAXA and our LROC mission have been totally color-blind and still as poorly dynamic range incapable as Kodak Film (so much so that they each must PhotoShop any color view of Earth along with their always monochromatic moon in the same frame of view(FOV), whereas any 5th grader can easily detect their ruse by simply replacing black with some other color or simply by using greater brightness of black more than does the trick.
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/pSYvqyzqGNI/maxresdefault.jpg
http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/fi...hmoon_crop.png
http://www.danielegasparri.com/Inglese/moon.htm
http://www.danielegasparri.com/Ingle...4_gasparri.jpg
http://www.astronomie.be/christophe....lor/index.html

As once again we get to see for ourselves, with the use of proper narrow bandpass color filters and proper composite image layer stacking, and otherwise by using only the natural colors as merely enhanced though not even accomplished by 10% as good as our NASA, JPL and ASU could have done for us as of decades ago from such an unobstructed close lunar orbit along with their heat and radiation proof Kodak film, and otherwise especially as derived from their spendy LROC mission that's still mostly colorblind. None the less, and once again from an amateur is where we get a full visual spectrum with its color saturation merely cranked up, offers a very look-see at what seems to depict a surface treasure trove of common and rare elements worth mining.

Why minerals are colored:
https://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/acstalks/acs-colr.htm
http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/learn/science4

On such a physically dark lunar surface, microbes and spores are going to be hard to detect, although with sufficient UV illumination could be rather colorful.

Old August 28th 14, 12:07 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:58:21 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:
[...]

My problem with agencies are that they either send me to places that are total dumps, or that simply add me to their list of rejections.

Sunny and 93F here in Tigard as of 4:00 PM PDT.

Did you hear about that 9 year old girl whom they were letting shoot an oozie machine gun? When it kicked back, she blew off the instructor's head!

Double-A

Old August 28th 14, 12:13 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 4:48:48 PM UTC-7, HVAC wrote:
[...]

A credit check shouldn't hurt me. I am surprised that you don't know that bad credit is wiped off the reports after 6 years. It has been almost 7 years since I did anything to generate bad credit. My credit reports by now should be as clean as a new baby's ass, just waiting to be spanked!

Double-A